Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Why do you love a Dsi? - Page 1

Why do you love a Dsi?

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-04-15 19:42:38
Why is the Dsi the best DS so far?
Discuss.

Re: Why do you love a Dsi?

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-04-15 20:49:28
Um, It's not.  The new feats are win, but no gba slot and very minor flashcard compatibility, the DS lite was most likely the best.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-04-15 21:11:05
I prefer the original DS.

The DS Lite breaks too easily.

I would buy the DSi when (if?) it gets closer to $100.

Date: 2009-04-15 21:44:54
The problem with the DS Phat is the lack of multiple screen-lighting options.

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2009-04-16 18:52:15
Technically, the DSi is like a new handheld, successor to the DS, a lot like how the Gameboy Color was successor to the original Gameboy. I know that the DSi has four times the amount of RAM the DS has. So, DSi games won't run on the original DS.

Date: 2009-04-16 21:01:31
What about slot 2 RAM addons?

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-04-16 21:28:15

Technically, the DSi is like a new handheld, successor to the DS, a lot like how the Gameboy Color was successor to the original Gameboy. I know that the DSi has four times the amount of RAM the DS has. So, DSi games won't run on the original DS.

That's not true according to Nintendo.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-04-16 22:03:36
Believe it or not very early production lines of the original DS had compatibility to the old GB and GBC games. However they also had a flaw where they'd break in half at the henge that opens and closes the DS. The later production lines of the original DS had the Cartridge connector downsized which eliminated backwards compatibility to GB and GBC games.

the DSi is the worst model yet. Sure it has a cool camera but its too small for my fat ass hands and it lost backwards compatibility. Nintendo has fucked up on this version of the DS. I hope it bombs like the VirtualBoy.

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2009-05-19 15:47:19
Not likely, they've been blowing us off as gamers for about a year now. Yet, they're still on top of the market. This sucks…