Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

*sigh* Spyro has screwed me.... - Page 1

*sigh* Spyro has screwed me....

Posted by: IttyBitty
Date: 2009-06-18 21:28:48
I'm crossing my fingers that someone can offer a fix for this…

I finally get all the eggs of Year of the Dragon, but there's one teeny problem…my atlas says I have 148/148 eggs, when there are actually 149. On page one, Midnight Mountain is in black, as though I don't have everything (I have all the gems, too). I click on that to flip the page, and it says I have all the eggs for Midnight Mountain, but Harbor Speedway is black. I click on it, and it says I'm missing the "Race the Blue-Footed Boobie" egg. I go into the level, just to check, and beat the race- no egg recieved. Doesn't say level complete. But I did win the race, but I actually don't remember if I recieved the egg afterward or not (via cutscene).

I don't think I have the speedway bug, because I entered and exited all the speedways multiple times and this never happened…

Any suggestions (other than restarting the game? *cry*)?

Re: *sigh* Spyro has screwed me....

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-06-18 21:34:51
You'll always know that you DID get all the eggs in the game, but a cheating device may help.

Date: 2009-06-18 22:45:34
I don't have any cheating devices…for anything, actually.
The real problem with this screw up is that the game won't let me access the Super Bonus World and the real final Sorceress battle, because I need 149 eggs to access it, but my game believes I only have 'all' 148.

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2009-06-19 00:01:55

I click on that to flip the page, and it says I have all the eggs for Midnight Mountain, but Harbor Speedway is black. I click on it, and it says I'm missing the "Race the Blue-Footed Boobie" egg. I go into the level, just to check, and beat the race- no egg recieved. Doesn't say level complete. But I did win the race, but I actually don't remember if I recieved the egg afterward or not (via cutscene).
That happened in my game too, but on another speedway. I read somewhere that older copies of the game had a glitch where you had to get all the eggs on your first run in the level or you wouldn't be able to get them. But if you go here and scroll down you'll see codes saying "Advance to …". Find the one that says "Advance to Super Bonus Round" or something and enter the code and you will be warped to that final level.

Date: 2009-06-19 00:36:30

I click on that to flip the page, and it says I have all the eggs for Midnight Mountain, but Harbor Speedway is black. I click on it, and it says I'm missing the "Race the Blue-Footed Boobie" egg. I go into the level, just to check, and beat the race- no egg recieved. Doesn't say level complete. But I did win the race, but I actually don't remember if I recieved the egg afterward or not (via cutscene).
That happened in my game too, but on another speedway. I read somewhere that older copies of the game had a glitch where you had to get all the eggs on your first run in the level or you wouldn't be able to get them. But if you go here and scroll down you'll see codes saying "Advance to …". Find the one that says "Advance to Super Bonus Round" or something and enter the code and you will be warped to that final level.

True, but I left and re-entered all but one of the speedways like that, and it still let me get all the other eggs…
However, I will try that code tomorrow. Thanks.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-06-19 02:11:10
You don't need a code. You need to collect a lot of Gems and Eggs to access the Sorceresses' Super Secret Bonus World. I should know, because I've been there, and taken her out again.

Date: 2009-06-19 13:00:42

You don't need a code. You need to collect a lot of Gems and Eggs to access the Sorceresses' Super Secret Bonus World. I should know, because I've been there, and taken her out again.

But that's the problem. I have all the eggs and all the gems but the game thinks I'm missing the Harbor Speedway Race egg, thus it thinks I have only 148 eggs, when I need 149.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-06-19 13:17:26
If you haven't, best to go back and do it. Also if you have missed Gems, use Sparx's ability to detect Gems away from Spyro.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-06-19 14:50:59
Yami, did you read the rest of the topic?

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-06-19 22:39:34

The real problem with this screw up is that the game won't let me access the Super Bonus World and the real final Sorceress battle, because I need 149 eggs to access it, but my game believes I only have 'all' 148.

I had something similar happen to me once in Year of the Dragon. The difference was it was with a single Gem in fireworks factory. Somehow it ended up on the roof of the factory and I was unable to reach it. The best way to fix this without a cheating device is to simply restart the game over. That's what I had to do after about 4-5 years of trying to get that gem. (I'm not joking either. You should have seen how long it took me to beat Earthbound. It tops that by about five more years.)

Date: 2009-06-20 00:08:30

I had something similar happen to me once in Year of the Dragon. The difference was it was with a single Gem in fireworks factory. Somehow it ended up on the roof of the factory and I was unable to reach it. The best way to fix this without a cheating device is to simply restart the game over. That's what I had to do after about 4-5 years of trying to get that gem. (I'm not joking either. You should have seen how long it took me to beat Earthbound. It tops that by about five more years.)

Ah, I've heard of that one- apparently the simple fix for that is to enter a code that bumps the difficulty level up to medium, 'cause then an enemy will appear and give you a gem when he dies.

The good news is the warp to level code works…and since I DID honestly truly beat that race, I'm just gonna say that I beat the game 100% (it says the right percent, actually…)

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-06-20 15:58:11
My uncle's freind did the music for that game!

Date: 2009-06-25 20:02:32

That's…very nice….

Well, I guess this anomaly was just a half-made speedway bug or a random glitch, because I went through my second file just fine…mostly. The only oddity this time was, on my run through Agent 9's Lab (which I hadn't previously visited), I shot down the bear boats for the egg and it said on the bottom of the screen "you already have this egg". My egg count still went up, though.

…I suppose it doesn't help that my cat knocked over the PS2 and popped open the disc tray in the middle of a level…

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-06-27 11:34:53

That's…very nice….

Well, I guess this anomaly was just a half-made speedway bug or a random glitch, because I went through my second file just fine…mostly. The only oddity this time was, on my run through Agent 9's Lab (which I hadn't previously visited), I shot down the bear boats for the egg and it said on the bottom of the screen "you already have this egg". My egg count still went up, though.

…I suppose it doesn't help that my cat knocked over the PS2 and popped open the disc tray in the middle of a level…

I've actually had the Agent 9 thing happen to me on several times playing through that part of the game on more than one save file. Its really weird 0_o

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-06-29 09:03:21
I think you guys liked my quote too much…
Anyway, your correct it is just a bug, and it will not be fixed due to it is an old f***ing game.
So go cry and take your anger out by playing Conker's bad fur day.