Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Silent Hill, Gone down hill - Page 1

Silent Hill, Gone down hill

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-09-26 18:48:20
I'll admit, Silent Hill has gone ever so down hill. I know most of you aren't familiar with the Silent Hill series, but I've been a fan since 1999, the release of Silent Hill on the PS1. Silent Hill up to Silent Hill 3, were fucking awesome. Silent Hill 4: The Room, sucked. It had no feel to it, being stuck in a fucking apartment, where the horror is the actual TOWN - Silent Hill, or the Town with No Name many years ago. Silent Hill: Origins, wasn't too bad the graphics could been more kick ass like they are in Homecoming, but for a while now I've been listening about Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, and to be honest, it looks like a fucking joke. The graphics look nice, but the main character from Silent Hill, looks like a fucking science geek, Cybil the police officer in the next down, next to Silent Hill, Brahms, looks like a hooker, and Cheryl, Harry's adopted daughter, looks like something highly annoying. The characters look nothing like they should. I can get they want to make the game like it should be, a survival horror, but did they have to make the characters look like a bunch of morons thrown into the mix? Seriously what the fuck were they thinking! When you first start the game for the first time, you awaken as Harry Mason the main guy, who awakens in his jeep after a crash, as he awakens he finds Cheryl missing, so he enters the quiet and snowy town of Silent Hill to look for her, and when you chase after her, the only thing you have is a match, to see where you are going after the ally turns into nightmare or in other worlds the Otherworld/Alternate Allyway. And when you get to the dead end with a hanging corpse on barbed wire, you are attacked by Grey Children (Mumblers in the Japanese/US version), or Claw Fingers (Demon Bears in the UK version), then when  your "die" as in Harry's health drops to nothing.,the siren wails and the screen goes dark and Harry awakens in a diner and meets Cybil who gives him a gun, and when he gets what he needs he fights an Air Screamer that crashes through the window, and through out the game, you collect weapons, maps, health items, ammo, keys, letters (from the first part), then you fight your way to find Cheryl, but when you get the true ending, it slowly all makes sense, and that's when Silent Hill 3 comes to play, where it as you can say carries on where Silent Hill left off, (sort of). Silent Hill 2 is my favorite game, and Silent Hill: Homecoming, where it kinda gives you more info on the town, but in 3, there's more to the game than 1 left off, and Origins, is meant to the very first game before the events of Silent Hill, but Team Silent Hill (Japan) did things differently, and here we are with 5 Silent Hill games (6 will be Shattered Memories), and a awesome movie and the second one is being made or something, so yeah, ever since the release of Silent Hill 4, the series has been watered down, and of course knowing my luck, I'm the only survival game horror fan here, as I love Siren series and Silent Hill. Resident Evil was good until 4 was released and it sort of sucked, but was okay, and 5 drives me nuts, so there's been RE games I wanted but were released on the fucking Wii. What a waste! They could of kept the tradtion of having RE games on the PlayStation! But yeah, there's a site I go to and they update when they hear more news on Shattered memories/updated someof the links they got to the other Silent Hill games, and I think this game will shatter the Silent Hill games, since 4 has brought this awesome series to the ground, Shattered Memories, will finish it off. It's going to be released on Wii, PSP, and PS2. The release date is unknown, I've heard it's next year, around Fall I think. The games and awesome music, but I wish Team Silent Hill were back to take this game and make it into how the game should be like they did in 1999 but with better graphics.

Re: Silent Hill, Gone down hill

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-09-26 23:04:23
Shattered Memories looks pretty cool to me.

Re: Silent Hill, Gone down hill

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-09-27 12:17:28
To non Silent Hill fans, it will, but I'm a true Silent Hill fan, and SM, looks terrible.