Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

HELP! ON SONIC 3 & KNUCKLES - Page 1

HELP! ON SONIC 3 & KNUCKLES

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-09-27 15:06:29
I need a game genie code for super tails!

Re: HELP! ON SONIC 3 & KNUCKLES

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-09-27 15:26:34
You need all Super Emeralds for Hyper Tails… and you cannot become Super Tails with Chaos Emeralds because it was scrapped before the final but you can play as Super Tails in the Beta.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-09-27 21:56:07

I can help you activate Debug mode though. There is an object you can place in debug that will allow you to go Hyper (or in Tail's case Super.)

To activate Debug either start a new save file or go directly to Angel Island Zone.

In Angel Island Zone Act 1 there are some swings that are in the beginning of the level. (Not the very beginning but close.) You'll know when you've found them as it is the spot where the ledge collapses and there are two swings nearby. Jump on on of these swings (Doesn't matter which one)

Once you are holding onto the swing press Left 3 times, Right 3 times, and Up 3 times.

You should hear a chime (ring collecting sound to be exact.) confirming the correct entry of the code.

Now when you pause the game, you can do three things:
Pressing A will make you return to the title screen
Pressing B and holding it will allow slow motion
Pressing C will allow you a different slow motion. This move slower though because the screen only move on frame each time you press the C button. (Holding it woun't make it move so you'll have to press it again.)

We aren't finished yet as there is still one more thing to do. So pause the game and press A to return to the title screen.

Now at the title screen a new option to select has been opened.
Press Down twice on the title screen to reveal the Sound Test option.
go to the Sound Test menu.
It is actually a Level Select menu.

Now there are some little numbers that change each time you press the C button on the level select menu. Each number is actually a game character.
00= Sonic and Tails
01= Sonic Alone
02= Tails Alone
03 = Knuckles
(sorry, no Sonic and Knuckles or Knuckles and Tails! =P)

Now you need to go to Mushroom Hill Zone Act 1 on the level select menu.
(Note, if you have a Savefile that has access to Mushroom Hill you can alternatively go there instead of using level select.)

In Mushroom Hill Zone Act 1, there are some thingies (I call them pull up bars.) you'll know them when you use them as pressing down will make them move upwards while you are holding on to them. They also make a metalic Squeaky noise when you do this.

You want to find one and jump on its bar handles. Once you've done this enter the same code you entered above. (Left 3x, Right 3x, and Up 3x) A Chime will play (ring collecting noise.) confirming the correct entry of the code.

Pause the game and press A again to return to the title screen. Return to the Level Select/Sound Test Screen and choose which character you want to play as and then highlight the level you want to go to but don't go to it just yet.

Now there are actually 3 things you can do (or perhaps two I forgot if there was a third one or not.)

Press and Hold A and press Start while still holding the A Button until the level starts to get general object and positioning Debug mode.

Note: If you press and hold A while on the title screen and decide and press start while still holding A with 1Player Selected and keep holding it on the savefile select screen and boot up a save file, you can play an actual Save file with debug mode activated.

Press and hold B and press start and keep holding B until the level starts to activate Night Mode.

Object Placement and Positioning Debug mode:
the are a few things you can do in this debug mode:

Pressing A will reverse Gravity making the Character flip upside down and go upwards.

A word of warning about this: most of the levels have no ceiling for sonic to stand on so when he reaches the top of the level's boundaries he acts like he just hit a bottomless pit and dies.

Pressing B enables object placement mode. Your character turns into a level object. 

Pressing A while in Object placement mode will allow you to flip through the various level objects. By default the Rings are always first for you to place and the item monitor is second.

The item monitor is of utmost importance. In Sonic 3 as well as Sonic 3 and Knuckles, placing the monitor will give you a special monitor labeled "S".
The "S" Monitor will allow you to transform into your Hyper state. (Or with Tails, his Super State.)

A little note about Hyper Knuckles when using the "S" Monitor: When you glide into a wall his special ability won't work. The screen doesn't shake and no on screen enemies are destroyed. (he's still got all his other abilities though.)

To place the object into the level press C. You can place an object as many times as you want by pressing C more times.

You can also move around in debug by object placement mode the directional pads.When you do that the numbers that are covering the score will change as they are showing you exact location in the level.

To exit object placement mode press B again. To jump when out of object placement mode press the C button. This is the only jump button you have with Debug active. using the directional pad while out of debug mode will allow you to move. (duh. of course.)

Jump on the "S" Monitor and you'll instantly get 50 rings and transform into your Hyper (Super with Tails) form. Jumping on more than one "S" Monitor will give you 50 additional Rings.

As for Night mode it isn't too special. it just makes some things darker in levels.

Date: 2009-09-27 22:45:06
Glisp:

You need all Super Emeralds for Hyper Tails… and you cannot become Super Tails with Chaos Emeralds because it was scrapped before the final but you can play as Super Tails in the Beta.

Date: 2009-09-27 22:48:58
Yeah, but if he's willing to cheat, he might as well have the debug code. I was well aware of what you said Gary.

Don't test me! XD

Date: 2009-09-28 15:08:47
That's why I said GAME GENIE! I don't know how to debug stuff, and I can't find codes online.
Oh and how do you get super emeralds?

Date: 2009-09-28 19:29:19

That's why I said GAME GENIE! I don't know how to debug stuff, and I can't find codes online.

You don't need to debug anything. Its a cheat.

To get the Super Emeralds, you need to play up till Mushroom Hill Zone Act 1 (which starts right after Launch Base Zone Act 2)

Date: 2009-09-28 21:18:09
Don't forget to collect all Chaos Emeralds First and go inside of that area where Knuckles peeks his head out of, hits a button, and runs.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2009-09-29 07:14:28

You don't need to debug anything. Its a cheat.

To get the Super Emeralds, you need to play up till Mushroom Hill Zone Act 1 (which starts right after Launch Base Zone Act 2)

He is right, the easiest way to turn into Super Tails is with the debug mode, put down an item monitor (thingy) and then jump on it. You instantly get 50 rings and transformed into your Hyper-mode.

Date: 2009-09-29 15:21:29
thanks I used the debugger and it helped alot!
Super tails for the win!