Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Club Nintendo - Page 1

Club Nintendo

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2012-12-24 00:46:33
Anyone else a member? I remember creating an account YEARS ago after hearing about it in Nintendo Power… I wish they could tell me my registration date haha. I just logged back into my account for the first time in years and noticed I actually had coins and games registered. I forgot my email was hooked up to my Wii & DSi (both which I no longer own) and it automatically registered everything. I just registered a ton of my Pokemon games. Anybody else have an account? Your thoughts? Hopefully I can get 300 coins by next summer to redeem something and not let my coins go to waste. I wish you could register old systems though, and I wish I registered some of the games I've traded in. And it's funny cause the only thing on my to do list is a DSi product registry thing. I traded in my DSi last week, oops. Is this the only use for the club nintendo account though? To register your games and get rewards? I thought back in the day it was more than that.

Re: Club Nintendo

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2013-01-15 13:47:18
I'm a member.  I redeemed all the coins I got from Christmas 2011 games to get a Donkey Kong notebook.

Date: 2013-01-15 14:01:01
Can someone explain to me how long coins last? It confuses me.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2013-01-15 14:13:08
I still need to become a member, there's great stuff you can get. I've had my 3DS for almost a year now and haven't signed up yet wtf is wrong with me? Dx

Date: 2013-01-15 20:15:07

I still need to become a member, there's great stuff you can get. I've had my 3DS for almost a year now and haven't signed up yet wtf is wrong with me? Dx

That reminds me when I get my 3DS I need to register it… maybe I'll just buy a new one so I can actually register it as opposed to risking it with a refurbished one. Maybe if the price goes down again…

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2013-01-16 00:04:14
Hard to believe that Club Nintendo has existed since the Punch-Out!! days.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-01-16 02:35:22
Here in Australia, you can get some completely wonderful and totally not an absolute waste of time/money things such as:
- Game cases and styluses (for 1800 points / the equivalent of about 7 DS games), when you could probably get on eBay or whatnot for a few dollars
- Playing cards
- Pencil c- no wait, that's actually a pen case which looks like it could store like one
- A DS game featuring a compilation of mediocre 70's/early 80s games. But guess how many of them you get? THREE. Yes that's right, three games that would probably last you a couple of hours tops. For 2500 points (10 DS games, that is)
- Some sort of Wii Remote… stand.. thing. Just a stand that you just put your Wii Remote in there, because nobody would even think of storing them horizontally or anything.

Yeah fuck you Club Nintendo.

Date: 2013-01-16 09:52:49
Damn that blows. Some of the US stuff isn't COMPLETELY useless, but I'm gonna wait around to use my points. I'll finally have 300+ when I buy my 3DS, Animal Crossing, maybe the new Mystery Dungeon game, and later in the year X or Y.