Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

E3 2013 discussion (primarily Nintendo) - Page 1

E3 2013 discussion (primarily Nintendo)

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-06-11 09:54:54
Some quick takeaways from the live stream, recollected from an IM conversation I was having with a friend throughout (really quick, because I REALLY should go to bed soon)

– Super Mario 3D World, missed the release date because Nintendo's site was having technical issues for the first few minutes of the stream. But it looks nice. Might get it.
– Mario Kart 8 has upside down stuff. I don't normally play Mario Kart but it might be interesting (presuming they get rid of that blue shell crap). Out Spring 2014
– Wii Party U looks pretty boring and exactly what you'd expect a game called Wii Party U to be about. I suppose you grandmas out there might like it.
– Wii Fit U, same deal.
– Art Academy Wii U: The only game to actually have a proper use for the Wii U's controller. Menu graphics look pretty nice.
– Japanese accents are funny.
– Assassin's Creed IV and Batman: Arkham Origins: aren't going to be Nintendo exclusives of course, but I'll mention them here anyway.
– Some game I missed the title of that appears to be a fighting-type game involving Monsters Inc. and The Incredibles. I may have to temporarily call off my personal Disney boycott just this once.
– Super Mario Galaxy: Sonic Edition (might actually be pretty fun)
– This X thing has giant robots and is an RPG. Automatic yes.
Of course, they always save the best for last:

SUPER SMASH BROS FOR 3DS AND WII U

WITH THE DUDE FROM ANIMAL CROSSING
AND MEGAMAN

HOLY SHIT I DON'T EVEN PLAY MEGAMAN BUT I'M EXCITED ABOUT THIS WHAT IS THIS