Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U - Page 1

Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-06-11 16:50:30
EDIT: Split this off into a new topic from the E3 thread.

A new SSB4 trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQD1yJinzeQ&feature=player_embedded

I won't spoil the surprise at the end for you, but I will give you my reaction:

Holy shitting shit. I will eat my own face.

Should be pretty fun to play as, though.

Re: E3 2013 discussion (primarily Nintendo)

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-06-11 19:25:44
God I love how creative they got with megaman, but the leaf shield seems like it would be Over powered… I bet he is a floaty character that is a range based fighter. Animal crossing villager seems too gimmicky like Olimar, probably a good choice. The "secret" zowayix was talking about, lets just say I never expected that in my life. Good choices so far, I want to get it, but I don't have that kind of money to afford a console and game.

Date: 2013-06-11 19:55:17

God I love how creative they got with megaman, but the leaf shield seems like it would be Over powered… I bet he is a floaty character that is a range based fighter. Animal crossing villager seems too gimmicky like Olimar, probably a good choice. The "secret" zowayix was talking about, lets just say I never expected that in my life. Good choices so far, I want to get it, but I don't have that kind of money to afford a console and game.

The 3DS version should from what I understand have the same characters, if you have one of those. Different stages though and vastly different visuals.
I think the Villager seems to play a lot like Ness, personally. The grabby thing looks like a neat thing to play with, but I'm sure there's a catch to it than just "you grab stuff, ain't nobody using projectiles up in this bitch". 

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2013-06-12 01:40:48
I found a bunch of pictures earlier on 4Chan showing off some stages. Looks like there's gonna be a stage with Dr. Wily's base in the background, along with a Fire Emblem stage. Also, there's a lot more stages like Battlefield and Final Destination this time around.

It also seems that a lot of the stages have time-based events and will be based around the Wii U's internal clock.

Date: 2013-06-12 03:13:04
I'm contemplating splitting this off into a SSB4 general thread, as that's what most people are discussing.

Other than that, have a picture which is somewhat amusing to the dirty-minded:
[img]http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/pikachu/screen-10.jpg[/img]

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-06-13 22:25:48

The 3DS version should from what I understand have the same characters, if you have one of those. Different stages though and vastly different visuals.
I think the Villager seems to play a lot like Ness, personally. The grabby thing looks like a neat thing to play with, but I'm sure there's a catch to it than just "you grab stuff, ain't nobody using projectiles up in this bitch".

I don't have a 3ds… Can't afford that either. Most the consoles I own (if not all) I got for under 30 dollars.

I'm contemplating splitting this off into a SSB4 general thread, as that's what most people are discussing.

Well if the topic's name includes (primarily Nintendo), it's bound to be a Super smash brothers 4 discussion… for the most part at least.

I mean Pikmin 3 looks cool and all…but which would you rather "Pik" from the two?

Other than that, have a picture which is somewhat amusing to the dirty-minded:

angle pikachu's head about 20-30 degrees and i'd consider it dirty. He's just looking at her legs.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2013-06-14 23:02:48
The part I'm interested in with the Villager is that, in the trailer, you can see him using his axe to chop down a tree. Will all parts of the SSBB4 stages be this interactive with him?

Re: Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U

Posted by: Krazyguy75
Date: 2013-06-15 02:52:21
I was under the impression that that was a combo move, as he can be seen planting a sapling at one point IIRC, and then he has a watering can, and then an axe. Still an impressive combo.