Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Things I Learned Playing Soul Calibur II - Page 1

Things I Learned Playing Soul Calibur II

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-12-26 15:41:26
1. The AI will actively f**k you over by making up its own horseshit.

2. If you have nunchucks, you will never stop attacking when you are at point-blank range, killing your enemies with zero effort as a result.

3. Girl characters are not allowed to have interesting backstories. Their bios must mention their marriage(s), number of children they have, and what they were like growing up. Males, on the other hand, must have crazy awesome backstories and characters, like being a ghost pirate, being a badass knight who regularly fucks s**t up, or being a samurai.

4. You are not, under any circumstances, allowed to guard. Doing so results in the enemy getting a ridiculous combo on you and taking away half of your HP. If your opponent guards, then their block acts as an impassable fortress of which you cannot break.

5. In the event that you actually do successfully guard, the enemy will then perform a Soul Charged attack without any buildup and slaughter you.

6. If your enemy is a heavy character like Astaroth, their attacks, even ones where they raise their weapon high above their head and bring the enemy down with ease, do not require any charging. If you are such a character, then you must wait six hours for your attack to be ready before it's executed.

7. Should you fight any character who can easily cause collateral damage to you (like Nightmare, Maxi, Raphael, and Ivy), your HP has to be below half on the grounds of f**k you that's why.

8. If you're a guest character, you must be broken as Hell. We wouldn't want the other company to get mad now, would we?

9. Any attempt at grabbing an opponent must result in them performing a Break. Should the enemy grab you, however, it cannot be avoided. In the event you break free of their grab, they will then do it again. And again. And again.

10. I am Yoshimitsu. Remember it!

Re: Things I Learned Playing Soul Calibur II

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-12-26 20:25:49

1. The AI will actively f**k you over by making up its own horseshit.

2. If you have nunchucks, you will never stop attacking when you are at point-blank range, killing your enemies with zero effort as a result.

3. Girl characters are not allowed to have interesting backstories. Their bios must mention their marriage(s), number of children they have, and what they were like growing up. Males, on the other hand, must have crazy awesome backstories and characters, like being a ghost pirate, being a badass knight who regularly fucks s**t up, or being a samurai.

4. You are not, under any circumstances, allowed to guard. Doing so results in the enemy getting a ridiculous combo on you and taking away half of your HP. If your opponent guards, then their block acts as an impassable fortress of which you cannot break.

5. In the event that you actually do successfully guard, the enemy will then perform a Soul Charged attack without any buildup and slaughter you.

6. If your enemy is a heavy character like Astaroth, their attacks, even ones where they raise their weapon high above their head and bring the enemy down with ease, do not require any charging. If you are such a character, then you must wait six hours for your attack to be ready before it's executed.

7. Should you fight any character who can easily cause collateral damage to you (like Nightmare, Maxi, Raphael, and Ivy), your HP has to be below half on the grounds of f**k you that's why.

8. If you're a guest character, you must be broken as Hell. We wouldn't want the other company to get mad now, would we?

9. Any attempt at grabbing an opponent must result in them performing a Break. Should the enemy grab you, however, it cannot be avoided. In the event you break free of their grab, they will then do it again. And again. And again.

10. I am Yoshimitsu. Remember it!

lmao nice

remember that one mission during the story mode where you had to perfect somebody under a time limit?

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-12-27 15:43:35
I don't recall such a mission in Weapon Master. Mind you, I mostly play dungeons, so…

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-12-27 19:25:25

I don't recall such a mission in Weapon Master. Mind you, I mostly play dungeons, so…

It's near the end, or maybe it's on a side part….

But that's the reason i have never beaten Soul Calibur II

…that and I lost that memory card years ago

Have you played Tekkan?

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2013-12-29 16:16:34
[img]http://i.imgur.com/5atG3LEl.jpg[/img]