Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

SD Cards with over 32GB Capacity on 3DS - Page 1

SD Cards with over 32GB Capacity on 3DS

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2014-01-17 21:31:45
http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog/2013/10/25/updated-how-to-upgrade-your-3ds-sd-card-to-64gb-and-beyond/

tl;dr You can use SD cards that are over 32GB (SDXC Cards) on a 2DS/3DS/3DSXL system by reformatting the SDXC card to FAT32 using a third party program such as this one.  (Windows will not natively format drives over 32GB to FAT32 because of an artificial limitation.)

Re: SD Cards with over 32GB Capacity on 3DS

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2014-01-18 01:35:32
This is great man thanks

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-01-18 08:53:19
Thanks for sharing. 32GB is enough for me because I don't download many games/keep many videos, etc. on my 3DS XL (I prefer to have a boxed copy if I can), but I can see how this may be useful for people who download retail games off the eShop instead of buying the boxed copy.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2014-01-18 09:39:29
This is quite the useful information, and I can envision it becoming even more useful if when the 3DS becomes homebrewable. Until then, it's still good news for those who use eShop for retail games as mentioned, and useful general information for those who didn't know that the limitation is there because Windows 7 sucks and not because of FAT32 (perhaps this might work on phones and stuff too).