Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

ProjectLinkCable - Page 2

Re: ProjectLinkCable

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2014-04-26 21:44:49

Yes the jack for the link cable and the printer are the same, and I emailed him yesterday.

while looking at that site I have come to the conclusion that the person hosting that site is French….so if he doesn't respond, that might be why.

Posted by: xtreme713ify
Date: 2014-04-27 09:15:09
maybe I could use google translate… makes it much easier.

EDIT: oh well, that sucks.

Date: 2014-04-27 10:25:47

maybe I could use google translate… makes it much easier.

not necessarily. Google Translate tends to make a lot of grammar errors, almost to the point where the sentence makes no sense.

Date: 2014-06-16 16:24:27
My mother speaks decent french, so when I have some time, I'll have her send a translated E-mail. Then I can continue henceforth with my work!!

Posted by: hpoké_coloradohugge
Date: 2014-06-16 17:15:35
This is a cable i have, it works with a Gameboy Advance, it's used with a Gameboy Advance Multicartridge that i use while Glitching Pokémon on a console instead of computer (you can upload ROM's to the cart).
And im guessing this is the kind of cable that would be used in this project? =)

(check attachment picture)

Date: 2014-06-21 16:00:45
Precisely! Did you make it yourself or did you buy it somewhere? You may save the project, because this forum has been dead for quite a bit, and my time is belittling with my summer job.

Date: 2014-06-21 17:02:27
so now all you got to do is program a plugin for VBA or any said gameboy/gameboy advance emulator.

Posted by: hpoké_coloradohugge
Date: 2014-06-21 17:34:50

Precisely! Did you make it yourself or did you buy it somewhere? You may save the project, because this forum has been dead for quite a bit, and my time is belittling with my summer job.

It's a custom cable, and yeah. Just tell me what i can do for you and i'll try to help since i already have the equipment.
But we still have no perticular software that would be able to link the gameboy to emulator at the moment, So that's a problem.

so now all you got to do is program a plugin for VBA or any said gameboy/gameboy advance emulator.

Yeah, A plugin like that would be wounderbar. I have no idea how create one though sadly…

Posted by: pokechu22
Date: 2014-06-22 14:09:52
I just found an aditional use for this: It could be used with an emulated gameboy printer.  There's this rom which emulates a printer, so it would allow for printing without using the actual device. 

Date: 2017-01-07 03:05:47
Oof, man, I abandoned this forum… I kinda forgot about all this, sorry guys.

So we have the cord, but obviously just plugging the thing into the computer, turning on the GameBoy, and attempting trade with the emulator isn't gonna do anything without some kind of external program. Where does that leave us?