Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

3DS System Transfer Question - Page 1

3DS System Transfer Question

Posted by: MidnightNinetales
Date: 2015-07-18 23:32:40
I just got a New 3DS XL, and I was hoping to use the system transfer to transfer from my 3DS. Will I have to update my 3DS to transfer?

Re: 3DS System Transfer Question

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2015-07-18 23:48:28
Yeah. If both systems were on 9.2 you could do some black magic to spoof the firmware but it's harder on the N3DS side and I don't know much detail on that.

If you really want to keep your old 3DS on an exploitable firmware and can't do that you could call Nintendo and say you lost it or something and they'd unlink your NNID from it and you could use it on the N3DS and re-download your digital stuff, but you'd lose your save files sadly.

EDIT: I'm kinda out of date with 3DS hax since I had to update to get online in poké/smash so I pretty much stopped following the scene. I'm I'm wrong somewhere please correct me.

Re: 3DS System Transfer Question

Posted by: MidnightNinetales
Date: 2015-07-19 00:08:42
Yeah, that could work. The only save files I'm worried about are X/OR, since I think I heard boxed Pokemon are stored on the SD card. I have a physical copy of the game though, so I don't really know if it would even affect it. Would ram2sav work for those if necessary?