Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Sort of tempted to update my Old 3DS... - Page 1

Sort of tempted to update my Old 3DS...

Posted by: MidnightNinetales
Date: 2015-08-18 21:49:58
I don't have YouTube on it, so I'd have to update it if I want to run homebrew on it.
Pros:
- Another 3DS (in addition to my New 3DS XL) that can run homebrew.
- If I accidentally update one in the future, I'll still have the other.
- Can update Pokemon X and OR.

Cons:
- Might be unable to research glitch Pokemon, unless they don't brick the game when in boxes.

Nobody's been doing much research on Gen 6 glitch Pokemon for quite a while, though. On one hand, I haven't felt much motivation for it lately, but on the other hand, I might be the only person left who's willing to continue…

Re: Sort of tempted to update my Old 3DS...

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-08-21 12:40:55

- Another 3DS (in addition to my New 3DS XL) that can run homebrew.

Do you currently have under 9.5.0-23?

What homebrew can you run by updating? Can the under 9.5.0-23 firmware not run homebrew?

Can later versions not do in-game exploits like getting glitch Pokémon as well? (I don't know much about later exploits, please excuse my ignorance).

Cons:
- Might be unable to research glitch Pokemon, unless they don't brick the game when in boxes.

Nobody's been doing much research on Gen 6 glitch Pokemon for quite a while, though. On one hand, I haven't felt much motivation for it lately, but on the other hand, I might be the only person left who's willing to continue…

If you most feel like updating, go for it.

I wouldn't personally, as I can use my other updated Nintendo 3DS for most things and only use the outdated Nintendo 3DS for exploits including getting any Pokémon (as Generation VI glitch Pokémon still interest me).