Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Medabots - Page 1

Medabots

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2018-04-29 22:44:47
IT'S TIME TO BATTLE
YEAH ROBATTLE
'TIL YOU DROP

DA NANA NA DA NANANANA
DA NANA NA DA NANANANA

DON'T LOSE CONTROL
IT'S TIME TO MAKE IT
TO THE TOP

MEDABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS

I doubt this'll get any replies since Medabots is dead outside of Japan but surely I'm not the only one whose played the GBA games and the Gamecube one. Medabots actually has a dedicated localization  and fan translation scene, although to my knowledge Medabots DS is the most recent one to be translated.

So what's/'re everyone's favorite Medabot(s)? Mine are Land-Brachio and Red Matador.

Re: Medabots

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-05-04 14:13:22
I've heard of this series before. It sounds neat but have never played it. Might buy one of the games eventually. :)

Date: 2018-05-04 17:22:14

I've heard of this series before. It sounds neat but have never played it. Might buy one of the games eventually. :)

The GBA games are probably the best place to start. They're actually remakes of Medabot 2, and have 120 total Medabots to unlock. Here's the full roster. You unlock Medabots by defeating enemies and being awarded Medaparts. And the game has an encounter rate comparable to Mother/Earthbound Zero.

Medabots Infinity for the Gamecube has a significantly smaller lineup at 45, but features a few that aren't in the GBA games. Infinity also features real time combat unlike most games in the series.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2018-05-19 23:38:02
I didn't realize they made a Medabots DS actually! I played Medabots: Metabee version on the GBA and I loved the game. Still go back to it today and play it occasionally.

I never really used an entire set in that game at once. I'd mix and match parts to get something that 11-year-old me liked to use (outside of the ones needed for transportation/overworld play). Fun game, I wish they'd bring back a version for 3DS or Switch.

Date: 2018-05-20 00:02:36

I didn't realize they made a Medabots DS actually! I played Medabots: Metabee version on the GBA and I loved the game. Still go back to it today and play it occasionally.

I never really used an entire set in that game at once. I'd mix and match parts to get something that 11-year-old me liked to use (outside of the ones needed for transportation/overworld play). Fun game, I wish they'd bring back a version for 3DS or Switch.

Mixing and matching parts was fun as hell. Unfortunately I couldn't beat Mega Emperor with them and had to use "normal" Medabots.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2018-05-20 04:15:19
I basically just lucked out on the Mega Emperor fight. Restarted the battle every single time it didn't go my way (as I commonly did when I was young) and waited for some lucky crits and headshots.

Date: 2018-05-20 16:35:02

I basically just lucked out on the Mega Emperor fight. Restarted the battle every single time it didn't go my way (as I commonly did when I was young) and waited for some lucky crits and headshots.

Pretty sure I finally beat him with Landbrachio and two Megaphants. Landbrachio's arm Medaparts fire extremely powerful lasers that do between 60-70 damage (Mega Emperor's parts all have HP in that range), which is probably why the Select Corps. AI never uses them in battle. The two Megaphants would defend Landbrachio and pretty much did nothing else.

I remember on one occasion I beat the first Mega Emperor fight with my custom Medabots due to extremely lucky headshots on the leader, but got curbstomped on the second round.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2018-06-03 21:36:57
Just this year I tried out one of the Medarot/Medabots games for GBC (probably the first one?) due to it sharing its composer with Telefang. I couldn't figure out what was going on in battles, though, and gave up rather quickly. This is a good reminder to give it another shot.

Date: 2018-06-27 23:07:28
To coincide with the release of the Medarot Classics game (which includes the first five games), an art book was released called the Medarot Ultimate Character Guide, featuring over 500 Medabots. Someone uploaded the entire thing onto Google Drive. It's pretty damn neat.