Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Here I come, Chickasaurus - Page 1

Here I come, Chickasaurus

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2018-07-18 15:00:23
[img]https://i.imgur.com/zmZYTnz.jpg?1[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/nFFITrm.jpg?2[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/PoZsjiS.jpg?1[/img]

Re: Here I come, Chickasaurus

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-07-18 16:21:15
Wow! Thanks for using the fan translation Sherkel, as incomplete as it is.  :D

I'm pleasantly surprised to see it in this format. Hope you enjoy the game too. ^^

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2018-07-18 16:36:54

Wow! Thanks for using the fan translation Sherkel, as incomplete as it is.  :D

I'm pleasantly surprised to see it in this format. Hope you enjoy the game too. ^^

Very nice I had no idea you did translations!

Date: 2018-07-18 17:31:11
I just beat the first boss! I like the designs and the feel of the world, and the way everything's wicked colorful and stuff. It's very dudeish. :)

Does this one auto-save when I beat a level?

Date: 2018-07-19 01:59:13

I just beat the first boss! I like the designs and the feel of the world, and the way everything's wicked colorful and stuff. It's very dudeish. :)

Does this one auto-save when I beat a level?

Awesome!  :D Congrats :) and I'm glad you're enjoying it! ^^

Yes. It saves automatically each time you clear a stage.

Additionally the game saves every time you touch the Mermaid's shell, and you can resume the game where you were.

You can also create a suspend save (temporary save) from anywhere by pausing the game and resetting it while on the pause menu.

Date: 2018-07-19 11:01:25
Great. Good to know. I'll probably do more today.

Date: 2019-04-16 07:05:34
So despite my limited skill with the language, some really nice guy called higsby went out to contribute a huge amount of work translating everything not stored as graphics. It's quite amazing this happened. Hence, the translation in a way is feature complete to a degree now.

Have fun with it if you like! :)

https://sites.google.com/site/torchickens2/densetsu-no-starfy-translation-project?pli=1

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2019-04-16 14:34:04
Ooooh, Starfy. I played the DS game but never the original. Looks to me like they're pretty similar in gameplay and graphics – might have to go grab one myself later.

Date: 2019-04-17 07:12:49

Ooooh, Starfy. I played the DS game but never the original. Looks to me like they're pretty similar in gameplay and graphics – might have to go grab one myself later.

Yes. It is a really enjoyable series! I'm glad you like this ^^. The second and third games, which the translation team talked about (I would like to work on them in terms of translation starting with the second), in fact cover some deep topics, but with some light comic relief.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-04-17 07:25:13
All I know about Starfy is "sleep glitch or something?" from the DS game. I'll have to check it out once my new NDS flashcart gets freed from customs prison.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-04-17 11:46:29
Grabbed the new patch. Thanks for posting about it! Looking forward to trying it out.

Date: 2019-04-19 10:08:52

Grabbed the new patch. Thanks for posting about it! Looking forward to trying it out.

You're welcome! Have fun with it! :)