Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

General Kingdom Hearts Thread Contains KH3 Spoilers! - Page 1

General Kingdom Hearts Thread Contains KH3 Spoilers!

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2019-02-13 15:02:45
Since Kingdom Hearts III was finally released a few weeks ago I figured we could have a topic to talk about it. I've only played a little bit of the second game myself, but I watched my girlfriend play through most of the games, and watched the cutscenes from other games. (Specifically ReCOM, 358/2, Re:Coded, 3Ds, 2.8, and a retelling of the mobile game Union Cross) She finished KH3 the other day, and it was definitely worth the wait. There was a twist at the end, and she did unlock the secret ending. There was one part specifically that made me say "wtf" out loud in confusion. WARNING there's a spoiler ahead! If you don't want to read it, then I suggest leaving the topic. The Final World, it's really a glorified animation test script when you think about it. I assume that world was used for testing purposes, but the devs kept it in since it fit the story. You run around collecting different Sora's that run through all his animations in the game. Though if you collect a certain amount, your HP gets maxed out. :V What are your thoughts on KH?

Re: General Kingdom Hearts Thread Contains KH3 Spoilers!

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-02-13 18:14:22
the first was my personal favorite as a kid but 2 was cool too. 3 looks like a shitty plug for… only Frozen and Tangled?

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-02-13 23:45:39
I've yet to play any of them, but all the hype about KH3 eventually got my attention.

@Raven, I don't want this to turn into a KH3 hate thread or anything, but as a fan of the series (and to anyone who's a fan of the series,) what's your opinion on this review? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMph2hAGj7k

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2019-02-14 15:21:34
I think he's beating a dead horse with his review. It has a very convoluted story line that does have Disney characters, but that's pretty much how the games always been, so KH3 wasn't going to be much different. If people don't like 3 because of that, then I can only assume they didn't care for the other games in the series, since they're the same but with Final Fantasy characters thrown into the mix. I know many people don't like it because of that reason, which is understandable. It's like expecting Pokemon to throw out battles, which will never happen because that's always been a huge key factor in game play. This is the game the die hard fans have been waiting a very long time, so it makes sense that the story goes into the lesser know games. I just think right now since the third game finally came out, the games are in the limelight again which is bringing out the haters. (Being a die hard Sonic fan, I know how die hard KH fans must feel right now. I can never catch a break with reviews, but generally because of that I don't follow famous Youtube gamers…)

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-02-14 18:15:42
Good to know! I'm not that big on playing games for story anyway (unless it's the main element), and am also more the type of person who'd be convinced to play a game based on a good review than be dissuaded by a bad one, if that makes any sense. I'll probably play the GBA one first if and when I get into this series.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-02-16 08:55:04
I'm like Sherkel and haven't played any of them yet, but I've seen many people like it and the general aesthetic of it is something I might like. I had a friend who used to play it and they liked it. I like the concept of the keyblade.