Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Stupid strategies - Page 1

Stupid strategies

Posted by: bwill11
Date: 2019-07-20 10:29:55
Video games are full of things that should not work under any circumstances, So I think it would be funny to start a thread dedicated to the stupidest strategies in video games ever used.

For instance, one of the funniest combos I've ever done in Super Smash Bros is when, as Charizard, I noticed the other player would spam jump after I threw them off stage, so I fished for a grab near the ledge and tried back throw into Flare Blitz and they jumped right into the Flare Blitz and died at 20 percent.

Re: Stupid strategies

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-07-20 18:31:39
Oh god, literally a thread I would end up dominating. Where to begin?

Most games - When in doubt and about to die against a boss or something, just run up and melee. Works surprisingly often.

Unturned - Unarmed melee is OP. Especially with 1 level in the melee skill and head punches, which ends in a stunlock. (Doesn't affect players.)

CrossCode - several puzzles can be cheesed if you understand how the odd projectile reflection mechanics work. (Projectiles don't often bounce like they should… odd for a game that heavily uses that mechanic)

TF2 - Too many to list. My favorite is probably being able to entirely dodge any sentry as Scout when up close while keeping aggro.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-07-21 05:44:13
In a Super Scribblenauts puzzle, instead of solving the puzzles to open a gate; get a "cannibal gate" to eat them for you, and the star (starite(?)) is yours.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2019-07-23 23:09:09
To defeat the Cyberdemon, shoot at it until it dies.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2020-03-05 12:58:05
In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, you can get two Lucas to lower kick the Sandbag or similar, and get a relatively high distance just by button mashing. Also this one is quirky too; in Mega Man the pause buffer exploit thingie to beat bosses.