Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Games

Weird Questions - Page 4

Re: Weird Questions

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2018-04-18 10:48:48

How can Minecraft consume more resources than the program that sent humans to the Moon ?

If you're referring to CPU resources, the program that sent humans to the moon was likely written in a much more efficient language like C. Minecraft was written in Java. Also, Minecraft is a game.

Why do humans seek the truth?

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-04-20 01:53:18

How can Minecraft consume more resources than the program that sent humans to the Moon ?

If you're referring to CPU resources, the program that sent humans to the moon was likely written in a much more efficient language like C. Minecraft was written in Java. Also, Minecraft is a game.

The program in question was written in C, afaik. And it's not because Java that it's dog slow, it's awful because it's awfully coded. And being a game is not an excuse for poor programming. My point is different.

Why do some people claim simultaneously that men are pigs, that women are superior, and that call themselves feminists, who fight for gender equality?

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2018-04-20 09:06:44

Why do some people claim simultaneously that men are pigs, that women are superior, and that call themselves feminists, who fight for gender equality?

Simple answer: SJWs and Third-Wave feminists do not fight for gender equality.

Why do most humans like dogs? Why do most dogs like humans?

Date: 2018-04-20 19:05:25

Simple answer: SJWs and Third-Wave feminists do not fight for gender equality.

Hmm, nope, they're simply not feminists claiming to really be.

Why am I feeling down so much ? Where did my motivation go ?

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2019-03-14 05:48:33
Why are you asking me all these questions?

Finding a community after it's died is sad.

Date: 2019-03-14 07:53:20
I can relate, although it's not really a question.

Why is it hard to communicate to people why "it works" doesn't mean it actually works, but too often "it happens to work by accident, but it'll break should someone sneeze too hard"? :/

Date: 2019-03-22 16:22:07
Because too many people (and executives) think the IT department are omnipotent omniscient wizards whose work renders their own existence obsolete? (Yes I reed /r/talesfromtechsupport way too much why do you ask)

I wish I could afford an SGI machine even though I don't really have a use case for it.

Date: 2019-03-30 17:13:03
Maybe because you're a preservationist? Or because you like weird things, which is cool in my book.

Why do I relate so much about the previous post even though I haven't been employed yet :S

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-06-15 13:30:24
Because you love that field. :)

Why do black holes emit radiation too if light (part of electromagnetic spectrum) cannot escape?

Date: 2019-07-08 03:11:57
Because everything that eats, burps.

Why is the NBA given to the formation of superteams?