Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Games

If you had to (...) game - Page 1

If you had to (...) game

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-12-08 04:57:50
In this game, we bring up the question "if you had to (…)" do something and then add a choice of some kind to the question.

I'll start with an example:

1. If you had to sell all of your Pokémon games except one, which one would you keep?

…Or if somebody doesn't own many:

2. If the Pokémon games only had three Pokémon, what would they be?

You can answer and ask as many as you like. :)

My answers:
1. Pokémon Sun because I've transferred most of my Pokémon up to Generation VII already.
2. Torchic, Corsola, Emolga (it would probably be very boring with just three though)

Re: If you had to (...) game

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2017-12-08 05:56:20
Was going to make this question into it's own poll but this seems more convienent.

If you had to choose between the two Zelda64 games (OoT,MM), which would it be and why?

Date: 2017-12-08 06:11:56

Was going to make this question into it's own poll but this seems more convienent.

If you had to choose between the two Zelda64 games (OoT,MM), which would it be and why?

I see. If you like you can still make the poll as a separate thread. ^^ I have no concerns with it. :)

Ooh I think I'd go for Ocarina of Time. I feel Majora's Mask is a little harder to get into, although I haven't got far in that game unlike Ocarina of Time. As Majora's Mask feels darker and there is pressure in the form of the time mechanic I don't like it as much.

You?

If you had to choose between the Nintendo 64 or the SNES which would you choose and why?

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2017-12-08 06:28:21

You?

I'm not 100% through OoT yet, but I'm far enough into it to know that I would still prefer Majora's Mask.

For me, the time limit, the dark atmosphere, and the general nihilistic attitude of the game where "Your actions mean nothing" was new and interesting. I like OoT, but it's nothing "special".

I also like how you can cheeseball the final boss if you decide to do every sidequest.

If you had to choose between the Nintendo 64 or the SNES which would you choose and why?

Prolly N64, simply because i'm more familiar.

Date: 2017-12-08 09:27:02
I see, nice. :)

I do like darker deeper themes too. They make you feel sorry for the situation and are emotionally stimulating/thought-provoking, and I love to learn from them. At the same time because they can be stressful and because I am sensitive I prefer to distance my way away from them. However if I'm in a really good mood I may try a darker game.

Prolly N64, simply because i'm more familiar.

Me too. I also prefer some of the games like Super Mario 64 and Star Fox 64 over Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island etc. (though Yoshi's Island was a really good game). Both are good though.

If you had to choose between owning a dog and owning a cat, which one would you prefer and why (if you had to have one)?

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-12-08 11:06:49
I already have a cat so does that count Kappa
Anyway i just like cats more over dogs because i had worse experience with dogs than cats overall, aka cats don't really bite often…
(also just gonna note I'm actually way more active on our Discord than here)

What about… If you had to choose between not using internet for a week or not using any electronic or electric devices for 48 hours… which one would you pick?

Date: 2017-12-08 11:32:13

I already have a cat so does that count Kappa
Anyway i just like cats more over dogs because i had worse experience with dogs than cats overall, aka cats don't really bite often…
(also just gonna note I'm actually way more active on our Discord than here)

What about… If you had to choose between not using internet for a week or not using any electronic or electric devices for 48 hours… which one would you pick?

Oh cool! :) I wanted to get a white cat once in the past but because of an allergy we decided not to. I quite like them but not as much as chickens.

I relate to this a lot re:dogs. When I was much younger I was afraid of dogs. Now that I'm older I don't mind them as much, generally they are brought up to be gentle around people but I'm still quite afraid of certain breeds like Rottweilers.

For me I think I'd choose not using the Internet for a week as I have computer games, TV, family/friends to comfort me. But yeah today we rely a lot on technology and it's painful to be without it for some including me.

If you had to make a comic about a computer game series other than Pokémon what would you theme it on (and why)?

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2017-12-12 09:43:33
If you had to make a comic about a computer game series other than Pokémon what would you theme it on (and why)?

Final Fantasy, specifically Final Fantasy XII, because Ivalice feels like the sort of place that should have a boatload of works set in it rather than just two games.

If you had to pick up a competitive sport, which one would it be, and why?

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2017-12-13 18:35:37
Smash, and because i'm kinda good at it.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-12-13 18:56:54
If you had to only do half the job at a forum game, which one would it be ?

No, seriously, my question is : if you had to pick between a cheaper but banned 3DS and an unbanned but more expensive 3DS (same model for both), which one would be yours ?

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2017-12-13 19:10:30
Banhammer me all you want, my 3DS is still useful. Mainly because now I have one.

Also, sorry, i got distracted and forgot my question.

If you had to pick between doing horrible, painful, grotesque things to yourself or being Pai's cronie, which would you pick?

Date: 2017-12-22 13:27:29
Let's be Pai's cronie, at least I'd have a chance to plant nails in his dick.

If, just before the finish of a very difficult level, you could perform a glitch that would force you to restart the entire level, BUT looks awesome, would you do it ?

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2018-04-09 00:57:50
If it doesn't defeat the point (e.g. glitch showcase, playing casually), then sure.

If you had to flee the country, where would you go?

Date: 2018-04-16 11:45:25
Somewhere in Scandinavia probably.

If you had to live off one food for two weeks and can't eat absolutely anything else (though you can drink any drink you like), what would it be?

Date: 2018-04-16 14:45:19
Tagliatelle with bolognese. Though I'd get tired of it eventually… why did you wish such a fate upon me ?

If you had to wipe one game off the face of the Earth, which one would it be ?