Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Games

The Monkey's Paw - Page 1

The Monkey's Paw

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2018-11-29 17:30:54
The premise is simple.

A poster makes a (simple, somewhat open-ended) wish. The person replying obeys that wish that is to-the-letter, but not quite to the spirit of OP's request.

As an example, in the original short story, a father made a wish on the monkey's paw for 500 pounds. What he failed to realize was that these 500 pounds would be given to him as compensation from a company who their son worked for. Apparently, their son had gotten caught in the machinery and killed, shortly after the wish was made

Basically, r/TheMonkeysPaw or r/MalicousComplience as a forum game.

Re: The Monkey's Paw

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-11-29 17:51:59
This seems a lot similar to Corrupted Wish Game, I may have to lock the thread sorry because we've been doing the same kind of thing on that thread.

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2018-11-29 17:52:57

This seems a lot similar to Corrupted Wish Game, I may have to lock the thread sorry because we've been doing the same kind of thing on that thread.

Ah, my mistake

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-11-29 17:56:13
It's OK :)