Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Role Plays

Something Entirely Different - Forum Fighting, The Tournament (Megaverse-ish?) - Page 1

Something Entirely Different - Forum Fighting, The Tournament (Megaverse-ish?)

Posted by: The Original Phoenix
Date: 2009-11-20 16:24:30
Exactly what the title says - fighting. Pick a character, ANY character (provided that you handicap those that are too fucking powerful, so that all fights are fair),
and FIGHT.

Current Participants
Angrysmurf as Falco Lombardi

How things work:

Tournament Winner - xxxxx(character)/xxxxx(user), Runner-Up
Tournament Credits: 150,000

There are several kinds of fights besides normal ones:

Finally, there are different kinds of arenas, which provide unique twists in the tournament:

That's great and all, but how do you do the actual fighting (thanks Angrysmurf)?

The post format is:

Post 1 (X)

X: 2000 HP, 0 EP
Y: 2000 HP, 0 EP

X throws a weak punch and m. kicks Y in the gut.

X: 2000 HP, 0 EP
Y: 2000 HP, 0 EP

Post 2 (Y)

Y dodges X's weak punch and gets hit squarely in the gut by X's m. kick.

X: 2000 HP, 25 EP
Y: 1950 HP, 50 EP

Post 3 (X)

X dashes back and throws a Ki blast at Y, and runs to the side.

X: 2000 HP, 25 EP
Y: 1950 HP, 50 EP

Post 4 (Y)

Y smacks the blast away at X, who started running at him when he got hit.

X: 1840 HP, 25 EP
Y: 1950 HP, 200 EP

Well, that's all I have now, though I might amend this in the future. Well, guys, choose a character and KICK SOME ASS.

Re: Something Entirely Different - Forum Fighting, The Tournament (Megaverse-ish?)

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-11-20 16:27:06
Dumb question: How do you do the actual fighting?

Anyways, I'm in with Falco Lombardi.

FALCO FTW!!!!!!!

Re: Something Entirely Different - Forum Fighting, The Tournament (Megaverse-ish

Date: 2009-11-20 16:54:01

Dumb question: How do you do the actual fighting?

Anyways, I'm in with Falco Lombardi.

FALCO FTW!!!!!!!

SHIT. I forgot that part. Anyway, post edited.

As for Falco…would you mind providing a movelist and a quick biography?

Re: Something Entirely Different - Forum Fighting, The Tournament (Megaverse-ish?)

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-11-20 17:08:53

Re: Something Entirely Different - Forum Fighting, The Tournament (Megaverse-ish

Date: 2009-11-20 18:14:39
I eagerly await the rest of his movelist - though you might want to highlight Specials, Super Specials, and Desperation Moves as such, as all characters have weak, medium, and strong punches and kicks (you can substitute kicks or punches for something else if your character lacks the necessary limbs).

Date: 2010-05-29 16:03:16
BUMP'D for updates:

Well, I don't necessarily want to have this idea fall deeper and deeper into obscurity, so I'll see if I can get this thing off the ground this time.