Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Role Plays

A roleplay? - Page 1

A roleplay?

Posted by: James-the-Charizard
Date: 2019-08-16 15:47:45
Well now that I found this area of the forum…
Anyone around want to do a roleplay?  :???:

Re: A roleplay?

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-08-20 19:16:35
Not really my thing anymore, but you'll want a world, a setting, a character creation template, possibly a stats system…whatever you want, really. It doesn't have to be full-on D&D; back in high school a friend and me stole a bunch of bottlecaps and snuck out of a dance using one of them as my character, a handful as locations, one as a coin to flip that doubled as one of the others, and he just made stuff up along the way until it was time to go home.

It could range from the over-the-top complexity of Team Rocket wants you to SHUT UP to the more straightforward Quazik. I would look up common elements of tabletop RPGs and see if you can build something that draws interest from there.

Date: 2019-08-20 23:44:08
Huh…
My experience (and to extend that, definition) of roleplays is vastly different than the way you described…  :???:

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2019-08-22 03:10:51

It could range from the over-the-top complexity of Team Rocket wants you to SHUT UP

That's far from complex and closer to "teenage shitposting"

Date: 2019-09-08 20:30:29

Huh…
My experience (and to extend that, definition) of roleplays is vastly different than the way you described…  :???:
Well, what has that experience been then? It very well might fit with what's here if I made it sound too formal; just look at all the 400+ page threads here where users wuld casually hang out behind whatever guise they felt like at the time. One post was Jolteon's character Diana dropping a plate and needing to pick the pieces up! …Or something like that, anyway!

It could range from the over-the-top complexity of Team Rocket wants you to SHUT UP

That's far from complex and closer to "teenage shitposting"

Complex teenage shitposting. Compromise accepted. :P

Date: 2019-09-08 21:56:41
My experience is using characters I have made that are based from Pokémon, in varying situations. This is my rp style:
(Character name): Example text *Example action*

Date: 2019-09-09 13:49:44

My experience is using characters I have made that are based from Pokémon, in varying situations. This is my rp style:
(Character name): Example text *Example action*
Seems par for the course. Maybe someone will want to join in!

Date: 2019-09-09 15:53:57
Would it be better to make a separate post for that roleplay or just use this one?

Date: 2019-09-09 22:39:46
A new thread, along the lines of existing ones.

Date: 2019-09-10 05:28:44
Wait the lines of existing ones?

Date: 2019-09-10 16:02:34

Wait the lines of existing ones?
Setting a scene ("Team Rocket is using shadow Pokemon!"), deciding what a character can be (a human, a Pokemon, what species, age, etc.), possibly a goal ("defeat Team Rocket!") and rules ("you can't destroy the universe for no reason") too. Just however the existing ones started out. But none of that's strictly necessary as the Dungeon Master (or whatever the equivalent here would be) can make it up as he goes along or only make the other players aware of particular parts at a time. Letting each participant make up parts of the scenario as it progresses is what most of the other threads became as far as I can tell, anyway, so you're good. The point is to just have fun, so guidelines are there to enhance that based on what others have had fun with in the past, not to be restrictive.

Date: 2019-09-10 16:08:18
I actually funny enough made a post not long after that comment so… That renders this thread pointless. :-\

Date: 2019-09-11 16:26:50
I know. The basic point was that it's fine.