Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Site Announcements

What's been happening - Page 1

What's been happening

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-04-27 20:06:13
You'll notice that last Wednesday, the server went down. This was a different case than usual - the machine itself was working fine, except for the fact that the driver for the network adapter stopped working.

What I did Thursday is that I tried keeping it off and rebooting it - this fixed the last server issue - however, it didn't work.

So I resorted to my last measure - I moved all the server stuff and the networking card to the desktop I used to use before my USB wireless adapter broke (I'm on my father's computer now). This computer is somewhat superior to the last - however, it is a temporary measure until I get that new server I'm saving up for.

At least now there shouldn't be any unexpected server outages.

Re: What's been happening

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2007-05-02 04:05:29
Yeah… servers which are on all the time do not like being shut down, if you were wondering Abbs :).

Re: What's been happening

Posted by: Andrew
Date: 2007-05-30 01:15:02
It was crap not having it running