Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Site Announcements

Getting into high gear now - Page 1

Getting into high gear now

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-06-30 23:26:23
As you may have noticed June is over. What have we accomplished? Well, let's list the many things we did during this awfully productive month…

That's right. An entire month, wasted. Nothing done whatsoever. It stops now.

So here is a list of things to expect done come August.

Also, I've noticed that we have quite the extensive staff - so many admins and scientists. However, is it just me or are only 3 or 4 people actually maintaining the site…? Yeah. So if anyone wants to volunteer to help edit the site (and actually plans on helping out), please contact me. My email is abwayax@abwayax.com and I can often be found on AIM or YIM as Abwayax. If I accept you, you get to replace one of the inactive staff.

If anyone with site staff access wants to help out on any one of these, they are welcome to edit my post and add their name to that particular bullet. When I feel the need to reduce the staff list, what comes down in July will be a big factor in who gets canned and who doesn't.

Also, the forum Member+ program is put on hold until further notice. Sorry, but the site should have (not "should of", for those of you taking notes) been my number one priority from the beginning. Not trying to think of ways to boost the egos of people who probably don't deserve it in the first place.

I've always said 2007 would be GCL's year. Let's make it happen.

Re: Getting into high gear now

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-07-01 01:52:36
I wish you luck in the endeavors of this website, even though I'm withdrawing my entire internet persona as of… this morning.

Adieu, everybody.

Posted by: PT
Date: 2007-07-01 14:27:48
Adieu, Bent'…

I may not know much on the research end, but I do know HTML, have a few graphic skills and would love to do whatever upkeep I can. I'll AIM you about it so I don't clog the board anymore.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2007-07-02 06:48:05
I can get an eggdrop running in place of Slartibartfast… if someone knows how to program TCL and someone can get me a shell account.

Abwayax: Does Slartibartfast run on tcl scripts at the moment..? If so then we will only need a shell account to get an eggdrop in place… :)

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2007-07-02 20:36:37
      Now that I have VBA and am no longer a lowly guest, I bet I can provide some data.

Date: 2007-07-03 01:36:02

Now that I have VBA and am no longer a lowly guest, I bet I can provide some data.

That would be appreciated, even moreso if you stopped with the annoying orange font. You can also stop indenting your posts, you don't need to do that here ;)

Posted by: Hydrall
Date: 2007-07-03 09:04:33
I've also noticed how we've done nothing… And I've done even less. :(

That ends now! Today, I am going to start helping with GCL!

Orders, Cap'n?

Date: 2007-07-03 13:36:50
PM me with a username and password so I can set up a site admin account for you

Date: 2007-07-03 19:38:50

That would be appreciated, even moreso if you stopped with the annoying orange font. You can also stop indenting your posts, you don't need to do that here ;)

But orange is my favorite color…..  I guess I can make my sig orange.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-07-03 20:52:32

You never had to have a VBA to become a member.

Posted by: Wicked Klown
Date: 2007-07-03 22:44:12
Ok Abby, thanks to Bluelatios, I have information on Gold/silver glitch items, good job blue, I just need to know how to create a directory in the ItemDex,  and I'll be able to get it up.

Date: 2007-07-03 23:04:44

You never had to have a VBA to become a member.

I know, but I can't collect glitch data without it.

Date: 2007-07-03 23:23:32

Ok Abby, thanks to Bluelatios, I have information on Gold/silver glitch items, good job blue, I just need to know how to create a directory in the ItemDex,  and I'll be able to get it up.

Just use something like goldsilver/whatever for the internal name.

In fact, don't use that data at all plz. They're not "glitch items" inasmuch as they're just normal items with glitch effects.

Posted by: rocco
Date: 2007-07-04 01:24:05

PM me with a username and password so I can set up a site admin account for you
all right! hook me up to get to work on the green glitchdex and Yellow glitchdex! I'll be very reliable and be on every day for as long as i can to help bump up this site.

Date: 2007-07-04 01:36:13
You've been helpful already, I wouldn't mind having you on the team. If you can just send me a username and password so I can set you up with an account that would be great