Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Site Announcements

Changed layout around a bit - Page 1

Changed layout around a bit

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-07-05 02:09:53
I moved the affiliates to the left, topsites to the bottom, and got rid of the rest of the right menu, which was filled with extraneous shit (such as pagerank… who the hell cares what our pagerank is, anyway? 3's the highest we'll ever get, anyway). This is done to make it look less "scrunched", in a way, and give more room to the actual content.

Let me know what you think

Edit: also there's a page about the bird type now, finally

Oh, and just to let you know what'll be updated next - I'm going to be going through the glitchdex pages for R/B/Y and adding some things like screenshots, cries (in wav format probably), and missing information like base stats, capture/encounter flags and TM moves. Also included will be the actual in-game name of the glitch pokemon (rendered as an image, of course) and a blurb on whether or not the glitch has an improperly terminated name or Pokedex, and whether or not the pokedex causes the game to freeze. In the attackdex department will be some videos of the glitch attack being used, updated descriptions, new data from rocco (who I hope will also be helping ;) ), et cetera. In the itemdex department will be general cleaning up, images, and expansion, as well as a page explaining exactly what the "strangemart" is. I will be adding some savestates (including my "PokePC" Red state) to the downloadables section… I'll be renaming it the "Downloadables" section and adding things like a downloadable site backup, pokemon font, glitch sound FX, things like that (stuff other than actual game ROMs, of course). Videos will be made of the major glitch tricks such as Old Man, Ditto/Mew Trick, Q Trick, Paco81's Celebi Trick (speaking of that, I'm quite a sceptic so even if everyone else on the forum reports that it works I just have to do it myself… sorry ;p), the Johto Guard trick (which is probably noteworthy even if it doesn't work as it should). A video will also be made to clarify the extremely complicated wording on the Duplicant Missingnos' pages on how exactly the effect works. Minor Glitches could probably use some cleaning up, although seeing as how they're minor there's probably not much info on them that could be expanded on. The Big List 2 will be another major addition. As it is now, the Big List is horribly static and it looks like it was ripped straight off of TR Rose's hex list (as it fails to list any glitches below C8, instead only listing trainers). The Big List 2 will be PHP/MySQL powered, be searchable and sortable, and will list all the glitches in R/B/Y, along with the trainers. All names will be hyperlinked to their respective glitch/attack/itemdex articles. The search engine could also use a bit of retouching. It's horribly outdated and inefficient. ItemDex and AttackDex need to be expanded for Yellow and Green, but I might be too busy to actually collect that data, so I should find some other staff member (hint hint ACE91 NEWO KYOUKIPICHI XPARASITE9 RAGNAROK STACKOUT LOCKE YGGDRASILL POKEGLITCH WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE DOING) to handle that aspect. Also some information on the D/P #000, "Blank" (which is what we've decided to call it, I think), needs to be collected. Pokemon, attacks, types, and items will need to be hyperlinked to their respective Bulbapedia articles (hey, if we link to them, maybe they'll link back… nah, won't happen). In the glitchdex we can offer visitors more information (mostly screenshots) by linking to TRsRockin's respective glitchdex for the 15 or so glitch Pokemon that are in her dex (we aren't, er, in "competition" anymore I think). Also xparasite9 mentioned a "tweaking" glitch for D/P that he said was of vital importance… I don't know shit about D/P so I can't do anything there, I think the rest of the staff has it though. Stuff from Submit A Glitch needs to be packed into article format and put on the site. The Yellow Missingno desperately needs a page in the Glitchdex, I don't know why it doesn't have one… maybe because people think it's too ZOMG DANGEROUS to actually pick one up? Again, videos. We need videos of almost everything on the site. A picture means a thousand words, and a video is made up of thousands (ok, well, maybe hundreds) of pictures moving at high speed to create the illusion of motion, so that's a hell of a lot of words right there. Some people might not understand the explanations for the Ditto Trick, Old Man Trick, or Q Trick given, but everyone should be able to follow a video (I mean, "monkey see, monkey do" and all that… not like I'm calling anyone monkeys but it should be very simple). The pictures of the Glitch Dolls and Glitch Unowns (and I will get pics of them all) will be organized into neat tables. Information on the important people and sites in the Pokemon glitch "scene" needs to be given. Also, at the very end, when all this is done, then (and only then) will I add a style switcher.

This is why I have ten freaking people on the staff - because so much needs to be done.

Re: Changed layout around a bit

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2007-07-05 09:41:21
Hmm. Well I haven't had time to do any freakin' glitch research for ages. I do have a Pokemon Ranger ROM though (picked it up from eMule) so as soon as an emulator appears that can emulate DS Cheat devices and we have codes for it, I'll be able to stock up on glitch data for that. ^_^

Also Abwayax: does Slartibartfast currently run on Windoze or Linux? (if it's linux it'll be easy to get it running on a shell account…)

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-07-05 11:37:00
Here is my likes and dislikes about the new layout.

There is more room so then it's easier to navagate.

There is less scrolling to do to read your site announcements.

Dislikes: You can't see who is on the fourms nethier the chatroom.

Anyway, I'm waiting for that update. I'm waiting and checking back every day!

And the 000 glitch pokemon is called DL when it is encountered in a double battle.

Posted by: zach the glitch buster
Date: 2007-07-05 13:45:17

Dislikes: You can't see who is on the fourms nethier the chatroom.

Well you just go to the fourm's to see that information.

Also I like the new look of the site. Its cleaner and easier to read. Also when I get my computer fixed and running what I need it to, which will be anywhere from today till next tuesday, I will help with the video images, cries, and I would help with the Big List if others would help also.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-07-05 15:11:40
I'll help with the info on the D/P glitch pokemon.

There are some new ones that can be obtained (Egg and Bad Egg) by using a action replay heart scale # = pokemon Dex number or hex number.

Posted by: Hydrall
Date: 2007-07-06 10:30:44
Since I've got VBA, I can help now, too!

Finally- I've got a point.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2007-07-06 17:53:37
alright Abwayax & members of GCL, I'm going to get some pictures for this site! I can get pics for the G/S glitch items as well almost anything else (except for pokemon green glitches and R/S glitch pokemon). if you have a particular picture taking project you want me to do please let me know okay?

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2007-07-07 12:46:57
done! here is the list of pictures for GS glitch items along with the file: put them in the website

HM01: "nicknaming an HM" and "strange picture". the strange picture happens when you choose no to nicknaming, it flashes it just before resetting and is unlike anything else!

HM02:none. it does nothing!

HM03: "I got a glitch" and "glitched stats". a picture of ?'s glitchy status menu

HM04: "weird colors" resets with well, weird colors!

HM05: *freezes* :P

HM06: "Glitchy turned on the PC!" HM 6 resets 1,2, and 3, and "no windows for popping". the game flashes weird images before resetting when you use the item and go to pokedex and exit (#1), go to pokegear and exit (#2), and go to options and exit (#3). the last one was hard to get because it flashes for so short a time. when it does you see what appears to be an area at night (I did this in the day!). if you just exit the menu normally, it does the usual message of "no windows available for popping". the only way to escape the message is to save (it does the message right after) and reset: go to continue afterward.

HM07: "getting weird, weirder, and "okay, time to reset". mess around with the item menu to make the glitch increase weirdness! it usually works by trying to use the item repeatedly (and maybe using other items). contact me if you need any more info.

PS: glitch sound recording for download section

Posted by: Wicked Klown
Date: 2007-07-07 17:55:37
Ok Blue, I will download this and put it on the site once someone creates a G/S directory for ItemDex.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-07-07 18:14:43
I will do loads of work, when I actually get to the Summer Holiday. 2 more weeks. Then I am all yours for work.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2007-07-08 04:21:10

I will do loads of work, when I actually get to the Summer Holiday. 2 more weeks. Then I am all yours for work.

Me too, except I have 1wk 5days to the summer holiday.

Date: 2007-07-08 14:40:51
We Brits will help out later.

Date: 2007-07-09 16:27:30
Can I put Affiliates at the bottom, I don't know why, put it seems to high up.
(when I say bottom, I don't mean RIGHT the way, just below Misc stuff)

And I sorted out that dodgy picture.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2007-07-10 09:09:15
Once I get Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald ROMs I can work on the R/S/E glitch items.

Posted by: LM4
Date: 2007-07-10 13:27:30
I can't view most of the front page with firefox.