Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Site Announcements

Comment Spam - Page 1

Comment Spam

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-09-17 17:17:34
Lately, the articles' comments have been spammed by advertisers for drugs and links of stupidity. (not really, but they are extremely stupid)

DO NOT CLICK ON ANYTHING RELATED TO PILLS OR STUFF OF THAT SORT IN SPAM. THEY WANT YOU TO CLICK ON THEM AND BUY THEM, BUT DO NOT.

Spammers, the stuff you advertise is stupid, (can't the world be more normal?!) and we will do anything it takes to stop your spam.

I have one thing to say about spammers. Spammers and advertisers are worse than stepping in a pile of dog poo on the ground. They do not deserve to exist.

Edit: Correct that. Worse than falling into a giant pile of dog poo.

It is just my opinion, and doesn't necessarily reflect the opinions of the entire community. But spammers are the internet's worst problem.

Re: Comment Spam

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2006-09-17 21:47:59
Can you delete the comments and IP ban them?I like to IP ban peoples.. xD

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-09-17 21:52:37
We did delete the comments and put in a new feature that'll make it much quicker, but for some reason there isn't a feature to IP ban people. :\

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-09-18 02:01:24
I don't even record the IPs of the posters yet. :/

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-09-18 19:09:02
For lack of any other way to stop the spam, I have temporarily disabled commenting on the Ditto Trick page, which seems to be the spammers' main target. When Abwayax implements a way to either find and IP ban the spammers or put some kind of restriction on what can be posted, I will un-disable the comments.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2006-09-23 16:28:14
I remember this happening at my old (computer style) forum so I closed it down. (it ended up getting too much)

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2006-09-24 13:07:01
It's like with me I've had 2 spam attacks on my site in my Rule area but I've had to stop normal sign up me or the other admins has to activate their account I think they do this just to attention they spam just to get attention from others maybe you guys should I don't know disable normal sign up to stop Guests from spamming you Admins/Mosd to activate the accounts?

Posted by: rjaguar3
Date: 2006-10-05 08:25:17
Just saw some comment spam this morning (10/05/06).

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2006-10-20 05:30:40
Spam on the site and forum staff http://glitchcity.ath.cx/misc/staff

And more on the Adopt a glitch Pokemon comments

Thought you would like to know!