Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Site Announcements

Yes, we've been doing stuff... - Page 1

Yes, we've been doing stuff...

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-11-13 21:12:18
For those that have been wondering why there have been no significant updates to the site for god knows how long, it is true that there hasn't…to the site we have now.

This new site, also known as Project Phoenix or the Glitch City Laboratories wiki, is a wiki version of the site we have now, updated with more recently found glitches and better-written articles. It was started actually in February, and was not meant to be released until everything was ported (which, still, it isn't). However, the Bulbapedia article, which is now supposedly the main source of traffic for the site, leaked information on Project Phoenix.

Ever since Project Phoenix was started, members (mainly Staff) have been moving, rewriting, and adding articles to the wiki. You can help too, if you either want to add an approved submission or want to fix up some grammar and writing mechanics. However, these changes must be approved first by the Sysops (equivalent of Staff) or QCs (mostly Members+).

Another idea (actually proposed by me long before the wiki), to replace the abused commenting system with threads on the forum for each article. Once most things are done there will probably be a board for these threads in which they all will be (although it is all up to Abwayax, or should I say Adrian Malacoda, how exactly this will be done).

Without further ado, here is the link to the wiki:
www.glitchcity.info/wiki

Any glitch you've been waiting to see on the site for while? It may be there.
Any questions, suggestions, or bug reports? Visit the Project Phoenix Tracker. Want to help discuss and plan the future of GCL? Visit the Project Phoenix Board.

See you on the wiki!

P.S. If anybody sees this on the Project Phoenix Board, good for you. I'm posting it here originally because apparently only Admins can post Site Announcements now. But Abwayax said I could do this one. Oh wait, I'm being wordy again. Bye.

EDIT: We appreciate the new members who have joined to work on the wiki. However, please make sure that you use correct spelling and grammar.

Re: Yes, we've been doing stuff...

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-11-13 21:20:48
Another idea (actually proposed by me long before the wiki), to replace the abused commenting system with threads on the forum for each article.

Why not just use same-named pages in the Talk: space like Wikipedia does?

Date: 2009-11-13 21:22:25

Another idea (actually proposed by me long before the wiki), to replace the abused commenting system with threads on the forum for each article.

Why not just use same-named pages in the Talk: space like Wikipedia does?
Those are more for discussing the content of the page itself, rather than what the page is about.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-11-13 21:25:13
If we make a glitch discovery, should we add it to an article/make a new article on the wiki instead of posting here on the forums?

Date: 2009-11-13 21:26:59

If we make a glitch discovery, should we add it to an article/make a new article on the wiki instead of posting here on the forums?
I'm assuming that was why Submit a Glitch was axed, but ask Abwayax to be sure.
EDIT: Or Gary, because he's on.

Date: 2009-11-13 21:53:24
Alright, I can't PM Gary (his apostrophes fuck up the system), so I'll just wait till he sees this thread.

Date: 2009-11-13 21:56:29

Just post them on the wiki for now. Once they're approved, they will appear to everyone who visits the wiki.

Date: 2009-11-13 22:14:11
kthnx

Will do.

EDIT: Ab should also think about putting a link to the wiki in the same spot the link to the main site is.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-11-13 22:57:30
I don't plan to do so until the project ends beta. We're not Google, we shouldn't be actively inviting people to use a beta service.

When Phoenix is out of beta, the site itself will be redirected to the wiki.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-11-14 09:02:01
AngrySmurf, message GARYM9 instead, the messages sent to GARYM9 will redirect to me.

Date: 2009-11-14 09:53:01

Just post them on the wiki for now. Once they're approved, they will appear to everyone who visits the wiki.

Well, you could put them on the wiki yourself, where they'll be tested and approved on the spot. That's the point. We're not using Submit a Glitch anymore. That's why we moved it here - so we could clear the massive backlog without any new users posting submission threads. I forgot to make all of the boards read-only though, so I guess it's my fault.

Abwayax has the OK.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-11-14 11:15:17
Will the incomplete subdivisions of GCL, like the Mario, Zelda, and Sonic sections be included eventually?

Date: 2009-11-14 11:31:58

Will the incomplete subdivisions of GCL, like the Mario, Zelda, and Sonic sections be included eventually?
They are all Project Caspar.

Date: 2009-11-14 13:12:50

I don't plan to do so until the project ends beta. We're not Google, we shouldn't be actively inviting people to use a beta service.

When Phoenix is out of beta, the site itself will be redirected to the wiki.

Alright.

AngrySmurf, message GARYM9 instead, the messages sent to GARYM9 will redirect to me.

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind for the future.

Well, you could put them on the wiki yourself, where they'll be tested and approved on the spot. That's the point. We're not using Submit a Glitch anymore. That's why we moved it here - so we could clear the massive backlog without any new users posting submission threads. I forgot to make all of the boards read-only though, so I guess it's my fault.

Abwayax has the OK.

If you haven't seen it already, I've already started to use the wiki.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-11-19 19:35:04
Just got done updating the Q Trick page. I added that new method of stabilizing Hybrids with Pokemon Stadium 2 I was blabbing about. I hope its acceptable if not feel free to fix it, test it out or, remove it. At least put a reason why though.