Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Site Announcements

Want to help out? - Page 1

Want to help out?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-02-21 19:07:41
Most pages from the main site have already been transported to the wiki and rewritten. Mainly, what remains are the 'Dexes. However, one major part of the site in need of reformatting is the Gameshark codes page. Creating the page in a comprehensive and organized format will take a long time with the insane amount of codes, so why not help out? It'll be an easy way to get involved. Simply follow the format already introduced here: http://glitchcity.info/wiki/index.php?title=Pok%C3%A9mon_GameShark_Codes_(Generation_I)&stable=0
and add more codes from the makeshift page here:
http://www.glitchcity.info/wiki/index.php/Pokemon_Red,_Blue_and_Yellow_Gameshark_Codes
Any values that don't seem to have been documented, or any codes that don't seem to have a known effect? Test them out, and add your findings. This'll be a long project, so if you feel like helping, please do!

Re: Want to help out?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-02-22 02:28:15
I'll try to help with a lot of this, at the end it might turn out to be one extremely large page but I can't imagine how much more convenient it would be if it had its own contents page. It would be great, I would just skip to '20.1:Location codes' for example.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2010-02-22 11:02:53
I might be able to add the Gameshark SP codes I swiped from Gameshark.com to the wiki for the purpose of archiving them.

Date: 2010-02-22 14:11:40

I'll try to help with a lot of this, at the end it might turn out to be one extremely large page but I can't imagine how much more convenient it would be if it had its own contents page. It would be great, I would just skip to '20.1:Location codes' for example.
Now that's a great idea. You mean a page with links to about 100 other pages containing codes? Let's do that.

Date: 2010-02-22 14:28:51
I must say, the page is definitely starting to become more readable now when compared to the old article!

Date: 2010-02-22 14:38:48

I must say, the page is definitely starting to become more readable now when compared to the old article!
Wow. You just did all that? If we both keep it up, and get other helpers…(ahem)…we may eventually get this done!

Date: 2010-02-22 14:48:54
The actual content I did in the morning, it took a while to do all of the First Pokémon codes but once that is done it is relatively easy to copy and paste it and change the codes to correspond to the Second Pokémon and so on. It took about an hour and a half or so to do those three large Pokémon information sections as even when copy and pasting it took me about 15 minutes to change everything.

All I did just now was copy and paste information and move it into sections like Pokémon Gameshark Codes (Generation I)/Second Pokémon.

Date: 2010-02-22 19:46:19
Fourth Pokémon done. Since I have time, I'll do fifth as well.
Hmm…something we've both been forgetting. Make sure to change every reference to which Pokémon (i.e. second) to the correct number. I'll go through the others when I finish 5th (no, not 5th, the page for the codes for the fifth Pokémon).
Actually, you only did it once. I scanned the pages and fixed all the errors. Shall I do the 6th? Then we'll do the enemy Pokémon.
6th done. You can look over for typos if you want, but I'm getting tired. If there are none, we'll go on to the enemy Pokémon. Thanks a lot for the template.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2010-02-23 11:23:03

Now that's a great idea. You mean a page with links to about 100 other pages containing codes? Let's do that.

No, he means putting them in sections wrapped in ==, like ==Location codes==

Date: 2010-02-23 14:09:42

No, he means putting them in sections wrapped in ==, like ==Location codes==
That's what I was planning, and no way is that going to work as well as what we've started. He's the one who started the separate pages anyway.

Date: 2010-02-23 15:04:19

Fourth Pokémon done. Since I have time, I'll do fifth as well.
Hmm…something we've both been forgetting. Make sure to change every reference to which Pokémon (i.e. second) to the correct number. I'll go through the others when I finish 5th (no, not 5th, the page for the codes for the fifth Pokémon).
Actually, you only did it once. I scanned the pages and fixed all the errors. Shall I do the 6th? Then we'll do the enemy Pokémon.
6th done. You can look over for typos if you want, but I'm getting tired. If there are none, we'll go on to the enemy Pokémon. Thanks a lot for the template.

You're welcome,  I have just corrected all the typos I can find there were a few such as 'rhe' in the main page instead of 'the' and one one of the sections one of the codes had an exclamation mark in the code instead of one.

I think it is safe to start on the enemy Pokémon codes now; I have just noticed, apart from codes for the player's Pokémon and the enemy's Pokémon and a large group of PC Pokémon codes the code archive really isn't that large.

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2010-03-16 00:18:38
Man… why did I not notice this early enough?

Either way, I give my approval, mainly because I added these Gameshark code pages to GCLF. (lol)

Credit shouldn't go to me, though; it should go to someone named Matthew Robinson.

Date: 2010-08-18 17:45:10
UPDATE:
For what Stat Experience is, read this: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Effort_values#Generation_I
Another big job now.