Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Site Announcements

SEPTEMBER 11-12 DOWNTIME EXPLANATION - Page 1

SEPTEMBER 11-12 DOWNTIME EXPLANATION

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2010-09-12 14:34:29
this just in from our host, systeminplace:
Chicago region is currently unreachable due to the fact that Steadfast's network has failed due to problems with what was supposed to be "non-intrusive" maintenance. You can read their status on their website.

Rest assured that we are applying pressure on Steadfast to correct this issue immediately.

To ensure that other systems run properly, we have turned off the queue runner while this gets resolved. If you need something done in the LA or Germany regions, please open a ticket as the queue will be purged before we start the queue runner back up to ensure that people do not unnecessarily restart their VPSes.

There have been issues with systeminplace's Chicago VPSs since midnight. While they were supposed to have been fixed by noon, both systeminplace and steadfast continue to report problems. There may be slowness and/or downtime until the issue is completely resolved

Re: SEPTEMBER 11-12 DOWNTIME EXPLANATION

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-09-12 15:23:58
Thanks for the explanation. There seems to be another problem with the wiki regarding the memory size limit of 32MB, which has persisted for around three and a half weeks now. I've been trying to contribute to my "list of grammar errors and translation errors in the Pokémon games" article but the slightest change I make exhausts the memory limit even if it is only a small allocation.