Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Site Announcements

Anti-SpamBot mechanism installed - Page 1

Anti-SpamBot mechanism installed

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-10-23 01:36:16
So you may ask, what is the mechanism to stop spammers?

If you see a question regarding dog's ears whilst posting a comment, please answer it. If you don't, the system will not let your comment through. I'm anticipating that the spammers are running automated spambots - bots aren't programmed to answer questions such as this.

Further measures will be taken if this proves unsuccessful.

Re: Anti-SpamBot mechanism installed

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-10-23 09:24:54
Hopefully this will stop the spam invasion of DOOM! I'm glad you finally installed something to do something about this. But if I may make a suggestion: Perhaps instead of only one question, the question-asking-thingy should pick randomly from a long list of obviously stupid questions? That would prevent a spammer from just programming the answer to this one question into the spambots.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-10-23 11:43:34
I'm assuming that, with such a long long list of sites to spam, that the operators of the bots don't pay attention to any one site. :)

If this does get defeated though, I have more up my sleeve just in case.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2006-10-23 16:01:14
It seems to be working anyway! *touches wood, burns it, eats it, reconsumes it and touches it again*

I think what you do need is a list of names of the people who don't know how many legs a dog has and what they did put.
So if someone tried pretending they didn't know, we can laugh at them. Wait….That's not kind….scratch that idea.

Posted by: MissingNo
Date: 2006-11-22 09:24:33

I think what you do need is a list of names of the people who don't know how many legs a dog has and what they did put.
So if someone tried pretending they didn't know, we can laugh at them. Wait….That's not kind….scratch that idea.

I put "pizza" to see if it would catch it and it told me:
[spoiler3=Spoiler warning]
No one's buying your pills, asswipe.
[/spoiler3]

I can see it now:
[spoiler3=OMFG DO NOT LOOK IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED]
OH NOES MY PILL COMPANY IS RUINED!!!!111 jesus1 groin infection
[/spoiler3]