Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2016-07-24 03:08:55
The server will be down for the weekend of 30 July 2016, for a server migration. Because my host is going to close down the US data center where the server is being hosted, I am required to migrate to one of their European data centers to keep the server running.

From: hosting-en(at)support.gandi.net
To: adrian.malacoda(at)member.fsf.org
Subject: [GANDI] Action required on your servers hosted in Baltimore
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 09:53:42 -0000

Hello Gandi customer,

For several years now we have been proud to maintain a datacenter on the
East Coast of the United States for Cloud hosting and other hosting
services.

So its with a heavy heart that we must inform you of our decision to
close the US datacenter located in Baltimore (US-BA1) on December 1,
2016.

The decision was not taken lightly, and we only do so in order to be
able to concentrate our efforts and commit more resources to pursuing
exciting new hosting infrastructure plans which could not be deployed at
the Baltimore location, notably due to compatibility issues.

On December 1, 2016 all Gandi Cloud services (servers, disks, snapshots,
web accelerators, private networks, IP addresses, etc.) hosted in our
Baltimore datacenter will be permanently deleted. The credits that were
not consumed, however, will remain available in your account.

As such, we are also writing to tell you that we hope that you will take
this opportunity to migrate your servers to one of our European data
centers: LU-BI1, located in Bissen in Luxembourg or FR-SD2, located in
Paris, France.

We are acutely aware of the impact this decision might have on your
operations and we would like to make it as smooth as possible to migrate
your services.

To that end, we would like you to have the promo code below for 150,000
hosting credits, which will allow you to recreate your servers for free
in one of the European datacenters:

[****]

Please note, however, that this promo code is valid through December
31st, 2016.

Once youve gotten set up in one of European datacenters, we encourage
you to follow our detailed migration guide available here:

https: //wiki(dot)gandi.net/en/iaas/tutorials/datacenter-migration

As indicated in the migration guide, updating your DNS zone file is one
of the most important steps in the migration process.
- If you use Gandis DNS for your domain(s), you can make these updates
directly from your resource management page.
- If you use another provider, you can use the information provided on
the resource management page to make these changes in your DNS
providers interface

And of course if you need additional help, our hosting support agents
are ready to help. You can reach them

- by email using the contact form here:
https:// www(dot)gandi(dot)net/support/contact/mail/
- by chat: https:// www(dot)gandi.net/support/livechat
- on IRC in the #gandi Freenode channel (irc.freenode.net)

Once again, we are sorry for any negative impact our decision to close
the Baltimore datacenter may have for you. We hope we can make the
transition as smooth as possible, which is why we wanted to give you
plenty of time to do it.

And finally, of course, all of this is with a view towards devoting more
resources to an upcoming hosting infrastructure project we have
currently in the works. So stay tuned.

Sincerely,
Gandi.net

Re: 30 July 2016 Server Downtime and Migration

Posted by: TheUnReturned
Date: 2016-07-24 04:31:20

From: hosting-en@support.gandi.net
To: adrian.malacoda@member.fsf.org
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 09:53:42 -0000

https://wiki.gandi.net/en/iaas/tutorials/datacenter-migration

https://www.gandi.net/support/contact/mail/
- by chat: https://www.gandi.net/support/livechat
- on IRC in the #gandi Freenode channel (irc.freenode.net)

Once again, we are sorry for any negative impact our decision to close
the Baltimore datacenter may have for you. We hope we can make the
transition as smooth as possible, which is why we wanted to give you
plenty of time to do it.

And finally, of course, all of this is with a view towards devoting more
resources to an upcoming hosting infrastructure project we have
currently in the works. So stay tuned.

Sincerely,
Gandi.net

Could you have a estimate of how long will it be down?

Re: 30 July 2016 Server Downtime and Migration

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2016-07-24 09:14:25
That's my birthday.

Date: 2016-07-24 14:48:26
No guarantees, but at least all weekend. There will likely be other server maintenance being performed throughout the week as well

Re: 30 July 2016 Server Downtime and Migration

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2016-07-24 14:58:02
Unfortunate to hear that they are closing, hope the migration and maintenance goes well Abwayax!

Re: 30 July 2016 Server Downtime and Migration

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-07-24 18:04:40
I guess now's the time to say the REPLY menu redirects me to a fountain of broken HTML or the Start New Topic form on my DSi.

Date: 2016-07-24 19:34:58
Well, replying SEEMS to be fixed. For the moment, that is.

Date: 2016-07-29 15:52:17
I'm pretty sure you just leaked your name in that first post.

Date: 2016-07-29 18:06:38

I'm pretty sure you just leaked your name in that first post.

AND an email address… not that it matters…

Date: 2016-07-29 22:01:44
Today is the day…. Uhh…

That's my birthday.
Happy brithday!

Date: 2016-07-29 22:08:04

Today is the day…. Uhh…

That's my birthday.
Happy brithday!

Only 11 PM here. Thanks anyway!

Date: 2016-07-30 00:43:12
Either I was reading the Pan Docs for GB/GBC/GBA while the transfer was occuring, or it's not happened yet, and it's 00:41 Central, so…

Date: 2017-02-17 13:57:04
I've edited the main post because a link counted as a broken link on the wiki after Charmy did a broken link search on Discord.

Re: 30 July 2016 Server Downtime and Migration

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-02-17 13:59:17

I've edited the main post because a link counted as a broken link on the wiki after Charmy did a broken link search on Discord.
Oh hey, that fast? I didn't even notice :)
Anyway, for clarification, the free check only scans the first 2000 links, for the full scan, you need to pay.
Yay.