Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Site Announcements

GCL staff, assemble - Page 1

GCL staff, assemble

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-12-06 12:48:46
Yes, there are new articles being created every day. I myself added the "Ilsty and ?" and "Glitch Unowns" today. However…

It's a bit disorganized. Here are tasks that need to be done:
* Minor Glitches (good progress here)
* Glitchdex improvement (as you can see, many of the articles are just "skeletons" created by Melchiorbot. They ALL will need to be improved. There's also work being done here too - Ragnarok, Newo, Zach the Glitch Buster, and others got pictures, and most if not all of them should be added by Friday. However - we'll need information on other important things, like encounter/capture flags, and enhanced descriptions)
* ItemDex and AttackDex

So who would like to help here? We already have about 10 site staff members, but new applications for staff are always welcome. :)

Re: GCL staff, assemble

Posted by: Ragnarok
Date: 2006-12-06 18:11:40
*raises hand* I still want to help. That's one of the many reasons why I'm here. :O

Posted by: zach the glitch buster
Date: 2006-12-07 00:33:29
I have free time I'll help out any way I can 8)

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-12-07 00:45:40
Can you find a lot of glitch items and type down their prices and effects?

Posted by: Locke Yggdrasill
Date: 2006-12-07 19:32:23
In my absence, I've been toying around with several computing languages, and in that some hexadecimal, so I can try to read the R/S/E code for some random text dumps and such.

Posted by: zach the glitch buster
Date: 2006-12-08 17:35:08

Yes I can

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2006-12-08 18:01:28
I will try to do as much as possible.

Posted by: darkdude
Date: 2006-12-09 11:17:48
can i be a site staff member

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2006-12-09 12:04:12

Yes I can

All right, thanks. :) I'll turn you into a Glitch Scientist. Yeah, I'm a huge slacker, but I will try to do some glitch items during the weekend too. http://www.glitchcity.info/docs/melchiorvii is the page with all the glitch item info. I'll be writing them down in Notepad, and you should too, in case we accidentally update them at the same time.

Also, sorry, but you have to use HTML in it… I think I should just use a thread in the forums for this… :\

can i be a site staff member

Uhh… if we knew you better. Post more and we may decide to turn you into a Glitch Scientist.

Date: 2006-12-09 21:21:04
PU, did you set zach up with a site admin account yet?

Date: 2006-12-09 21:42:21
Yes, I did.

Date: 2006-12-09 23:27:47
ITEMDEX.

ITEMDEX ITEMDEX ITEMDEX

WE NEED TO WORK ON THE ITEMDEX

Date: 2006-12-09 23:30:16
But a good itemdex cannot exist without data for it. And that's Melchior VI.

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-12-10 11:43:32
I can work on documenting the items accessible through the pPkMnp glitch–you know, that one that rjaguar3 found. I've been testing those lately…

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2006-12-16 06:57:55
And if you've seen my thread on the Pokemon TCG for GBC Glitches, I'm already helping, with Newo helping me. Newo suggested on IRC I should have more access than the comment mod I am now.. [o_0]