Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Site Announcements

English Generation I and II GlitchDex wiki transition complete - Page 1

English Generation I and II GlitchDex wiki transition complete

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-10-21 17:28:23
Today all of the articles in the GlitchDex for Generations I and II have been updated and completely re-structured to have proper MediaWiki formatting.

In addition, we have included various obscure technical details about these glitch Pokémon for you to enjoy. :)

This does not mean the English GlitchDex is entirely complete, as we still have to create a database for glitch palette attribute bytes and input the data, and there are bound to be errors and omissions elsewhere.

I will begin work from now on finishing the AttackDex and ItemDex, starting with the ItemDex. As always any help no matter how small is certainly welcome.

Re: English Generation I and II GlitchDex wiki transition complete

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2017-10-21 17:48:12
Pardon my misunderstanding, but are you referring to this site or "Phoenix"?

And, on that note, what will happen to this place when "Phoenix" is operational (or is it already and I'm simply slow at catching up?)

Date: 2017-10-21 18:14:24

Pardon my misunderstanding, but are you referring to this site or "Phoenix"?

And, on that note, what will happen to this place when "Phoenix" is operational (or is it already and I'm simply slow at catching up?)

That's OK.

I'm referring to Project Phoenix, which is the project for the website's wiki but I believe Abwayax's intention was to merge the site with the wiki, so we have the forums but also information on the wiki that was originally not designed for a wiki (in fact many of the pages like this one were on the site before we added the wiki). GlitchDex articles used to be generated by an extension that took the information from an existing database (known as Melchior) but we abandoned the idea recently after the extension broke.

Before this website became a wiki (prior to 2010) there were three projects, GlitchDex, AttackDex, ItemDex. On the forums various members worked on unofficial projects as well such as DecDex (data for Generation III glitch Pokémon), PhoneDex (data for Generation II contacts), and many others.

Project Phoenix is technically operational right now as we have a functionable wiki, except for missing/unconverted project articles (i.e. ItemDex/AttackDex) and there are newly discovered glitches that don't have articles yet. I also made an unofficial UnownDex article a long time ago, which I'd like to go back to and complete eventually, and added a TrainerDex and TypeDex as I felt they would be worth having.

Posted by: SatoMew
Date: 2017-10-21 18:52:14
Great job, Torchickens! :)

[img width=415]https://i.imgur.com/igOhfa3.jpg[/img]

Date: 2017-10-21 18:54:05
Thanks!! :D

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2017-11-22 12:56:11
i don't know if this is the right place to ask, but since this page was created, quite recently too, is it okay if i create some more glitchdexjp pages? i'd love to contribute.

Date: 2017-12-06 07:06:12

i don't know if this is the right place to ask, but since this page was created, quite recently too, is it okay if i create some more glitchdexjp pages? i'd love to contribute.

Sure! Feel free. ^^

This would be a great help and much appreciated. :)

Date: 2017-12-18 16:47:02
ItemDex transition should be done now. :)

On to the AttackDex.

Edit as of December 19, 2017:
As before like with glitch Pokémon, a header on the ItemDex contains a select few Japanese version glitch items.

You can request more for any language here (or in this thread).