Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Site Announcements

Welcome to Glitch City Laboratories 18.02 - Page 1

Welcome to Glitch City Laboratories 18.02

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2018-02-07 20:53:46
As prophesied, the update has arrived. The main feature is that MediaWiki and SMF have both been updated to the latest version, which was harder than it seems.

Also, the mapping between forum accounts and wiki accounts has been changed such that the wiki now goes off the user's username and not display name. There is a convenient parser function [tt]{{#displayName:<username>}}[/tt] that can produce a display name given a username, and more work will be done to show user's display name where possible. Also, as a result of this, edits from old wiki accounts may need to be reattributed to the current username manually (I think this is something only I can do on the backend).

Please let me know of any problems that occur with the update.

Re: Welcome to Glitch City Laboratories 18.02

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-02-08 00:04:10
While I'm pretty glad an update came out, I'd like to report an issue I had : the exact moment I read "18.02", my nose started bleeding (and pretty hard, at that).
I'm running Human OS 19.02yo, can you reproduce ?

Re: Welcome to Glitch City Laboratories 18.02

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-02-08 11:11:38
Loving the update, thanks Abwayax! :)

My only concern is the font size for the edit box is smaller than it usually is, so editing is a little harder. My browser is Google Chrome. Wondering if that would be easy to fix.

https://imgur.com/a/nwCGJ