Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Site Announcements

Glitch City Laboratories 18.09 - Page 1

Glitch City Laboratories 18.09

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2018-09-04 02:31:15
It's been a long time coming but GCL 18.09 is finally live. Highlights:

Some maintenance is also being done this week (namely in the area of wiki accounts). Old wiki accounts have been merged together and all wiki accounts with zero edits have been deleted. Don't worry, if you have a forum account a wiki account will be automatically created for you, so this was more to get rid of stale wiki accounts that no longer map to a forum account and also to spam accounts (back when the wiki had open registration for some reason…)

Re: Glitch City Laboratories 18.09

Date: 2018-09-04 02:32:07
Also there will be some cleanup especially in the announcements boards and general information. Expect some stale threads to be unstickied or thrown in the garbage.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-09-04 06:34:07
This is great, I notice the site is working really smooth now. Thank you so much! :)

[li]A working "Printable view" is now available for all wiki pages. In printable view, the header and sidebar are stripped out, as are the article action links (talk page, edit, etc)[/li]

Ooh, this is nice. ^^ I created an offline GlitchDex a while ago, so will put it on my list of projects to make an updated version.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2018-09-05 10:43:59
Thank you! :)

Date: 2018-09-05 22:19:17

This is great, I notice the site is working really smooth now. Thank you so much! :)

You're welcome! I too notice the site is running much faster. I don't know if that's due to improvements in GCL itself or due to work on the server to make it more efficient in general (in particular, replacing Gitlab with Gitea, since Gitlab is a resource hog and often suffers from memory leaks).

Ooh, this is nice. ^^ I created an offline GlitchDex a while ago, so will put it on my list of projects to make an updated version.

I noticed! Good job on that. This should make it easier to create a new version. I also have a ticket for automatically generating an offline GlitchDex.

You're welcome! Sorry it took longer than I wanted.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-09-07 06:20:54

You're welcome! I too notice the site is running much faster. I don't know if that's due to improvements in GCL itself or due to work on the server to make it more efficient in general (in particular, replacing Gitlab with Gitea, since Gitlab is a resource hog and often suffers from memory leaks).

I noticed! Good job on that. This should make it easier to create a new version. I also have a ticket for automatically generating an offline GlitchDex.

You're welcome! Sorry it took longer than I wanted.

I see, sounds good.

Thanks, glad you like it. :) That sounds amazing, I hope you luck in implementing it.