Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Site Announcements

Shoutbox dilemma - Page 1

Shoutbox dilemma

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-01-23 02:34:06
Here's the deal.

There's this weird bug with the shoutbox that's occasionally locking all the users out. I HAVE NOT BANNED ANYONE FROM THE SHOUTBOX. The bug is temporarily relieved by removing the shoutbox post that allegedly caused the bug.

It's getting tiring, however, to have to fix this bug every time a new post appears. It's even worse for active shoutbox users such as flygonlover and Eievui, who have to wait on us to take care of it (only to have it come up again in a matter of days). And as I can think of no permanent hotfix at the moment, the question is: Should we get rid of the shoutbox?

Comments, questions, rotten tomatoes, etc. are all welcome.

Edit: Also, as an aside, I know that stupid "Users on IRC" thing to the right doesn't work. I'll get around to it.

Re: Shoutbox dilemma

Posted by: Raventhet.t.ishot
Date: 2007-01-23 10:58:35
You should just get rid of it because it keeps on messing up.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-01-23 13:15:28
Why don't they just join the forums….It is better.

Date: 2007-01-23 14:12:05
You have a point there Mr. Newo. Although why few of the shoutbox and comment posters have joined the forums is beyond me… Do they even know we have a forum?

Date: 2007-01-23 14:39:06
I quite like being called "Mr Newo" (and Dr Newo appears somewhere on the site) ;)
Anyway, I am going to point out the fact that WE HAVE A FORUM in a very in your face style.

If I am allowed, of course.

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2007-01-23 23:22:08

You have a point there Mr. Newo. Although why few of the shoutbox and comment posters have joined the forums is beyond me… Do they even know we have a forum?

Maybe they prefer the shoutbox because of how simple it is to post. But I should add a quick post thing.

Also, shouldn't we allow guests to post here too?

Date: 2007-01-23 23:57:45
In this particular section or in the whole forums?

Date: 2007-01-24 12:12:41
Certain sections I assume…

Date: 2007-01-24 20:02:50

In this particular section or in the whole forums?

This section.

Date: 2007-01-24 20:13:40
Done.

Posted by: AtheistPikachu
Date: 2007-01-24 20:14:49
test.

this is Abwayax

Date: 2007-01-24 20:21:15
'Kay, thanks. I'll make an announcement about it.