Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Site Announcements

Slight G/S/C GlitchDex update - Page 1

Slight G/S/C GlitchDex update

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-02-24 03:00:40
The ????? article has been split into 4 separate articles, each covering a different variant of ?????. For now the articles are pretty much the same; the only difference is in the moveset, stats, type, and evolution data, which is recently collected data.

For future reference - the game has a failsafe to prevent players from sharking or trading Pokemon over level 100, this is why there are no level 255 stats.

Look here for future updates to each article as we explore the quirks and effects of each individual ?????. Also look forward to the ItemDex.

Re: Slight G/S/C GlitchDex update

Posted by: Hydrall
Date: 2007-02-24 18:30:52
255 is odd. Do you mean that it can allow glitches from R/B/Y over to G/S/C, or do you mean it could go OVER there?

If the ladder, well… What would happen? How odd.

Posted by: boxman
Date: 2007-02-24 20:49:32

255 is odd. Do you mean that it can allow glitches from R/B/Y over to G/S/C, or do you mean it could go OVER there?

If the ladder, well… What would happen? How odd.

Basicaly 255 is the key to causing new glitches in  R/B/Y because it cloaks all pokemon under it(like charizard 'm) you can send G/S/C pokemon,glitches,and even items(if they're attached to a pokemon of course.) to R/B/Y. I would try it if I had a GBC gameshark…

Date: 2007-02-24 21:26:53
R/B/Y wouldn't recognize the items though…

I did some preliminary studies.

Pic 1: Default "Can't trade second generation Pokemon" error message. Party is as follows:
1. Typhlosion
2. ????? 255
3. ????? 254
4. ????? 252
5. Togepi egg
6. Sudowoodo

Pic 2: After I switched ????? 254 with Typhlosion.

Pic 3: After putting ????? 255 at front. Full error message is "You can't take the Typhlosion with a Flame Wheel". It still blocks my Typhlosion, but this time the error is different - it implies that there is no problem with Typhlosion, but the Flame Wheel is the real problem. Party:
1. ????? 255
2. Typhlosion
3. ????? 254
4. ????? 252
5. Togepi egg
6. Sudowoodo

Pic 4: After putting the egg in second spot. The egg already has Togepi's attacks, apparently. Not really all that groundbreaking, but it might be nice to see if the wild glitch egg causes a red flag here too. Another thing to try - trading an egg to R/B/Y. Will it come out as Glitch Pokemon 253 or will it appear as the Pokemon it hatches into?

Pic 5: Bill's PC deposit screen. This shows that 255 also cloaks Pokemon in the PC. Party:
1. ????? 252
2. Togepi egg
3. Typhlosion
4. ????? 255
5. ????? 254
6. Sudowoodo

Date: 2007-02-24 21:45:48
You could try a G/S/C pokemon with all R/B/Y moves…

Posted by: Hydrall
Date: 2007-02-25 09:08:10
But what would happen once it reached R/B/Y?

O_o

Date: 2007-02-25 12:00:51

But what would happen once it reached R/B/Y?

O_o

A glitch of course!

Date: 2007-02-25 21:03:25
Hmm…

Someone suggested that we try the Q trick with this thing.

Date: 2007-02-26 11:01:03

Hmm…

Someone suggested that we try the Q trick with this thing.

I like that idea,it is, as you said in the glitch dex the II generation counterpart of charizard 'm and Q. It might very well work.

Posted by: jacob and drew glitchmast
Date: 2007-02-27 20:27:53
hey i think you should trade a glitch pokemon (not missingno. or 'm') to g/s/c ;D just a thought :P

Date: 2007-02-27 20:51:12

hey i think you should trade a glitch pokemon (not missingno. or 'm') to g/s/c ;D just a thought :P

Won't work

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-02-28 12:50:08
Doesn't that say NOT MissingNo. or 'M

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2007-02-28 15:04:00
hey, i made a sound recording of the glitch pokemon language, but i cant post it! i think it thinks it is too big or something.  ??? the file is 3.30 megabytes, is there another way to send it? PS: it is a WAV file

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-02-28 15:09:52
Try ziping it first…? I don't know it might become small enough.

Posted by: Papa Doc
Date: 2007-02-28 19:11:09
meh…………wierd looka like you might be able to pull it off if you put some thought into it. 8) ;)