Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Debate Wars

nuclear power - Page 1

nuclear power

Posted by: zach the glitch buster
Date: 2006-06-04 00:22:38
do you thing nuclear power is good or bad? I say its bad. I mean its all nice power and things dont go wrong that much. but when things do go wrong. All hell breaks loose. becouse the earth gets contamanated with nuclear waste. so thats my thoughts what are yours? 8)

Re: nuclear power

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-06-04 11:14:30
I say it's good. Do you have any idea how much nuclear power actually helps? There have been very few nuclear power plant accidents in history, but nuclear power provides us with a clean power supply far more efficient than the alternative of burning fossil fuels.The oil crisis that we have right now would be far worse if we weren't using nuclear power for a good part of our power supply, because if we weren't, we would be using coal or oil instead.

Posted by: GoldenChaos
Date: 2006-06-04 19:54:44
I agree with Ace.  We would be in deep shit if we didn't use nuclear power. 

Posted by: zach the glitch buster
Date: 2006-06-04 21:56:54
I say that it could be a smart way to get power. if people could keep it from screwing up. realy good idea but there are better (and safer) ones out there 8)

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-06-05 12:06:40
geothermal energy.

Posted by: Izwzyzx
Date: 2006-06-06 18:37:42
Uberman (my friend) wrote a report about Nuclear Energy for English class. One of his sources was an article titled "More Nukes!"

Yay for nuclear energy.

Posted by: DynaShock
Date: 2006-06-12 21:19:56
*Speaking like a drunken Bill Cosby* I-uh Say Gewd. 'N Ya Know Why? CUZ I AGREE WITH Mr. ACE. YA.
heh.
Do not make posts with many breakspaces. It is usually spam. You have been warned.
~xparasite9

Posted by: white dragon bionut
Date: 2006-06-30 07:55:59
it depends… if it's good and fine and not asploding, it's good… (plus… nevermind)
if it's cherenobyle, it's bad.

Date: 2006-07-01 22:56:40
What's a breakspace?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-07-02 03:12:08

What's a breakspace?

Well, I didn't see the original post, so I dunno what it looked like before, but I think the term is used to refer to the newline.

Ignore der fuhrer, he's warning people left and right. :/ Let me make this clear - as the rules say, "No SPAM. What this means is that the post must have a point (rule 3), it must not be stupid (rule 4),  annoying (rule 5), and it must be on topic (rule 2)." Your post had a point, it wasn't stupid, therefore I don't see a problem, unless you posted so many newlines that it make xparasite's computer crash or something. I strive to make this place as friendly as possible…

Date: 2006-07-12 23:51:48
'k.

Posted by: MissingNo
Date: 2006-09-16 20:11:01
Is it called "A few more nukes!" from the LA Times?

Posted by: rjaguar3
Date: 2006-09-16 23:21:50
I believe that nuclear power is the safest, most effective, and least polluting method of power generation.  The environmental impact of nuclear power, even with the few accidents, is much less than that of alternative (and cost-effective) sources of power generation.  For example, coal power releases sulfur dioxide, which contributes to acid rain, which damages the ecosystem.  Although I would like to see cleaner and more efficient power, nuclear power is the best available right now.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2006-09-17 13:40:53
I like Cold Fusion but that is not fully developed yet…It at the moment is more Cold Fuzzion, But give or take 20 years and we will have an effective cold fusion system! (well thats what they say)

Intill them I like nuclear but would prefer wind power as it is slightly less risky (but nuclear is efficent and safe these days except the waste)

Posted by: rjaguar3
Date: 2006-09-17 20:12:43
What's the problem with the waste?  The waste was already radioactive before being used as fuel, so I don't see a problem with putting it in a hole in the ground somewhere.