Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Debate Wars

Same-sex Marriage - Page 2

Re: Same-sex Marriage

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-11-04 14:26:08
According to today's paper, "A [female] teacher accused of running away with a 13-year-old student planned a romantic life with him in his native Mexico…"

"Court documents showed authorities had recovered several e-mails and letters in which Peterson and the boy professed their affection for one another. In letters, the boy called Peterson his 'Baby Gurl' and said their relationship was 'just not about the sex but that it was pretty good,' according to the court documents."

What about that? Was that an acceptable relationship, based on the fact that the kid enjoyed the relationship and felt that he loved her?

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-11-04 14:32:25
I heard about that. I don't think so…

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2007-11-04 16:41:44
Back on topic….
I mean why would it care to the people against gay marriage if it were legal or whatever?
They could just ignore those ppl
And curse at them but..
THEY
WOULD
NOT
FUCKING
CARE

My god you whores get a life!FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND THE SHIT IN THE FIRST AMENDMENT! D:

Date: 2007-11-04 16:43:20
Woah, calm down!

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-11-04 17:10:32
More importantly, drink some water!
It will help you calm down!

Date: 2007-11-04 17:20:10

More importantly, drink some water!
It will help you calm down!

Why does someone have to go crazy over a topic like this?

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-11-04 17:44:18

Back on topic….
I mean why would it care to the people against gay marriage if it were legal or whatever?
And curse at them but..
THEY
WOULD
NOT
f**kING
CARE

My god you whores get a life!FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND THE s**t IN THE FIRST AMENDMENT! D:

Thanks to the First Amendment I have the right to state my opposition to such a view.

Also I'm sorta curious about why people in a relationship outside of marriage want so much to get married. Can anyone illuminate me?

Date: 2007-11-04 17:47:01
Becasue they want to spend their lives together?

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2007-11-04 17:47:36

Well, a lot of the buzz in the news recently is about same-sex marriage, so I'd like to see your opionons on it ^.^

As for me, I'm bisexual and have a girlfriend, so it's no wonder that I would like to see same-sex marriage legalized ^.~
-_-

I'm not gay or bi, but I do think, if two people love each other and want to get married, they should be able to.
no. just….no.

Are you in favor of pedophilia? Are you in favor of bestiality? For consistency's sake, if you're in favor of homosexuality then you should support all forms of so-called "deviant" behavior.
good point.

Back on topic….
And curse at them but..
THEY
WOULD
NOT
f**kING
CARE

My god you whores get a life!FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND THE s**t IN THE FIRST AMENDMENT! D:
that has nothing to do with the first amendment whatsoever.

Becasue they want to spend their lives together?
and they can't do that as shack-ups?

Date: 2007-11-04 17:54:59
Is that a quintuple post I see? You're criticizing us all…

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2007-11-05 09:41:33
That's spam, xparasite9. You could have just quoted them all in one post.

First, I have to say that marriages shouldn't be a part of the government. The government shouldn't care at all whether you married or not, nor care how you marry. This is mostly to get rid of problems that arise from marriages and unusual kinds of marriages. (polygamy, etc)

Second, I don't really care for the laws that make same-sex marriages illegal. If gay/lesbian people want to marry, and if people want to marry unofficially in any way, let them.

Edit: Merged all of xparasite9's posts together.

Date: 2007-11-05 14:05:41
Does it even make sense that the government gets to control who you can get married to?

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2007-11-05 15:02:38

Does it even make sense that the government gets to control who you can get married to?

Not really. I also think they shouldn't keep records of who are married and who aren't married. Like, you shouldn't be married "by law".

Date: 2007-11-05 15:03:53
No, they shouldn't.

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2007-11-05 15:16:49
Thats why i NEVER wanna get married
the goverment should fuck someones dick I mean seriously
I mean THE LAW isnt everything in life….