Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Debate Wars

Space Travel - Page 1

Space Travel

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-02-02 21:58:30
Question says everything. I love the idea of space travel personally. The idea of going to far away planets, possibally discovering interstellar life…just…riveting to me. Also, if Earth-born creatures want to keep Earth life going, we'll need to expand to other planets.
On the other hand, it is very expensive, dangerous, and to some people, pointless.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?!? VOTE NOW!!! :o

Re: Space Travel

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2008-02-03 05:42:31
The biggest problem I can see with space travel is that wars may become interplanetary. In which case, we're all dead. Other than that, I'm for it.

Date: 2008-02-03 21:25:36
That is, if the alien races are hostil, let alone if they are advanced enough.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2008-02-04 11:44:29
We should at least know that while we may not be the most advanced race occupying the unvierse, we are not the least advanced. Some alien races would be afraid of our technology. And heaven knows, there may be some superior alien race that is peaceful (we can only hope).

Date: 2008-02-04 16:30:21
We could be the genetic creations of a highly advanced race that wants to document all planets of the univers, yet needs to add intelegence to a creature of each planet that has life, due to they aren't immune to the diseases of those planets and/or they can't breath oxygen.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2008-02-04 17:45:40

We could be the genetic creations of a highly advanced race that wants to document all planets of the univers, yet needs to add intelegence to a creature of each planet that has life, due to they aren't immune to the diseases of those planets and/or they can't breath oxygen.

Maybe God ordered them to do it.

Date: 2008-02-04 18:03:16
Or they are the most advanced race in the universe! Just look at your body, you don't look like you should be 100% on Earth, do you?

Posted by: Don Watermeleon
Date: 2008-02-04 21:52:34

Just look at your body, you don't look like you should be 100% on Earth, do you?

How can you really tell? :P

But I think space travel's an interesting thing, and worth the investment. Always cool to discover what's out there; there'd be nothing more awesome than finding a planet very similar to Earth to visit.  8)

Date: 2008-02-05 10:21:12

The biggest problem I can see with space travel is that wars may become interplanetary. In which case, we're all dead. Other than that, I'm for it.
That is, if the alien races are hostil, let alone if they are advanced enough.

I meant between humans.

Date: 2008-02-05 11:03:22
interplanitary humans?

Just look at your body, you don't look like you should be 100% on Earth, do you?

But I think space travel's an interesting thing, and worth the investment. Always cool to discover what's out there; there'd be nothing more awesome than finding a planet very similar to Earth to visit.  8)
I can tell what's natural, I am one with nature, I have brought the most dead small creatures back to life. I brought a frozen red velvit mite back to life from ice, and I have brought a large slug back from the dead. I can catch crabs with my bear hands, I've even captured cockroaches and freed them (which didn't do very much to stop them from coming back in).

Date: 2008-02-06 10:32:57

interplanitary humans?

No, interplanetary wars between humans.

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2008-02-06 15:01:36

interplanitary humans?

I can tell what's natural, I am one with nature, I have brought the most dead small creatures back to life. I brought a frozen red velvit mite back to life from ice, and I have brought a large slug back from the dead. I can catch crabs with my bear hands, I've even captured cockroaches and freed them (which didn't do very much to stop them from coming back in).

Um, that's nice and all, but what does it have to do with the topic at hand?

Anywho, space travel would be an interesting idea, providing that the government doesn't screw it up.

Date: 2008-02-06 18:18:35

interplanitary humans?

Um, that's nice and all, but what does it have to do with the topic at hand?

Anywho, space travel would be an interesting idea, providing that the government doesn't screw it up.

He asked how could I tell what wasn't naturally on Earth and I told him.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-02-07 10:18:25
Space travel was and is a cool idea, but unfortunately we're not really getting much done regarding the possibilities. It doesn't help that a lot of people think we should cut space researcch from the (admittedly massive) U.S. budget.

As for space wars, well, the Advanced Tactical Laser program is underway, and prototypes have been installed into a few Boeing C-130H models. It should be undergoing testing this year.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.