Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Debate Wars

Earth, Mars and, the Moon - Page 1

Earth, Mars and, the Moon

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2008-02-06 19:46:19
Or is it false?

Re: Earth, Mars and, the Moon

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-02-06 19:57:43
Mars, the moon doesn't have enough gravity to keep any oxygen, let-alone any other gas.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2008-02-07 10:51:31

Mars, the moon doesn't have enough gravity to keep any oxygen, let-alone any other gas.

Yes, but you would need to add some more greenhouse gases or you may freeze, other than that, Mars is the best by far.

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2008-02-07 11:37:03
I would be living on Mars right now if it were possible.

Posted by: Glitchby
Date: 2008-02-07 15:59:50
Most of the human race is too ignorant and primitive to make it to other planets by the time it exhausts it's resources, which is why I chose false.  But If I had to pick one, I'd say Mars

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2008-02-21 08:47:23
You know, we could make an effort to actually keep THIS planet clean so we don't have to move… ::)

But if we had to move, I'd say Mars.

Date: 2008-02-21 11:04:30
CLEANING isn't the problem. It would:

1. be fun to be masters of different planets

2. we should become an interstellaar species IMNSHO (in my not-so humble opinion)

3. if we Earthlings want to live past the exploding (or imploding for that matter) sun, than we must become an interstellar species or die.

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2008-02-21 13:08:28
Or we could make planetary awsome-shields & sunglasses. Then decent central-heating afterwards.

Besides, barely any species live past 100,000,000 years, & most don't even live past 1,000,000!

Date: 2008-03-19 17:22:20

Same here

Or we could make planetary awsome-shields & sunglasses. Then decent central-heating afterwards.

Besides, barely any species live past 100,000,000 years, & most don't even live past 1,000,000!

That 100000000 years thing was a joke, right?

If the sun imploded, it wouldn't matter if we had "planetary awesome shields and sunglasses", we would be sucked into the sun (or maybe by that time, black hole).

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-03-19 17:32:58

Same here

Same here.

Date: 2008-03-19 18:04:34
Terraforming mars would be the only way to do it, though if there are infact living things on mars ,wether they are microbe or mammel, they shouldn't be killed for stupid human greed.

Posted by: DynaShock
Date: 2008-03-22 01:04:18
No one said anything about killing the creatures on Mars.
Terraforming is basically planting a bunch of flowers that make oxygen on a planet that doesn't have a whole lot.

Date: 2008-03-22 16:58:37
…and that would turn the carbondioxide that they breathe mainly into oxygen, also they would probably die of Earthling disease if they were multicellular

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2008-03-22 20:16:15
That is, if there are martians and that they breathe CO2 at all.

The moon might be okay for some simple colonies and such, but after a while there might be even more prejudice than today. "Don't talk to THEM sweetie, they're from the moon."

Date: 2008-03-27 17:35:34

That is, if there are martians and that they breathe CO2 at all.

The moon might be okay for some simple colonies and such, but after a while there might be even more prejudice than today. "Don't talk to THEM sweetie, they're from the moon."
They would need to make a highly expensive dome around the oxygenless moon that would protect from radiation, hold in air, and be strong enough to withstand meteors.

If there are martiens, than they would almost indeffinatly breath CO2, due to that is the most ubundent gasceous element on mars.