Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Debate Wars

REAL cloning vs. REAL anti-cloning - Page 1

REAL cloning vs. REAL anti-cloning

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-02-08 16:22:39
Should cloning be worked on more, or is it a dangerous and pointless practice?

Re: REAL cloning vs. REAL anti-cloning

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-02-08 19:31:58
I personally dislike the idea of messing with human life like that. Having said that, when we start raising human clones, they should be given the same rights as any other human. Most cloning efforts right now are headed to medical experimentation.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2008-02-08 19:47:07
No. No. We don't need to clone humans. I don't want to live my life twice at once. I don't want there to be two of me. Cloning is messed up.

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2008-02-08 20:17:24
It depends on what you're cloning. I wouldn't clone other people (I can barely stand my life already, so why a second?), but other animals and plants for food would be a definite yes for me.

Posted by: Sarial
Date: 2008-02-09 09:25:33
I'm pretty much neutral on human cloning, but I support the cloning of other animals and plants, especially endangered ones ^.^

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-02-09 13:58:06
I never specified human cloning. I'm pro-cloning extinct animals that have dna in labs ready to be cloned, especialy if humans made the animal go extinct.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-02-09 14:02:07

I'm pro-cloning extinct animals that have dna in labs ready to be cloned, especialy if humans made the animal go extinct.
Same here really.

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2008-02-09 16:08:26
Depends on what you're cloning. Having dinosaurs in our current state of the world is dangerous, cost consuming, and unnessacery. Human cloning might have advantages in the future, but not as of now. Cloning for more food resources might be worthwhile, but I'm not sure if it's essential right now.

Posted by: 007
Date: 2008-02-10 02:18:30
The farthest I'd like to see this go as far as anything of any use to anyone goes is organ cloning- something we already do in certain cases.