Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Debate Wars

Rayquaza - Page 1

Rayquaza

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-08-03 09:57:40
Is he a good guy or a bad guy?
He was good in RSE but in Brawl he's an enemy.

Re: Rayquaza

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-08-03 10:00:37
I'm going to say bad guy. Remember Pokemon Pinball R/S? He was evil in that game.

I have always thought of Rayquaza as evil, I guess. Doesn't he even look kind of evil?

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-08-03 10:57:55
I'm going to say that he's just misunderstood.
Diddy Kong didn't know that there was a giant dragon there.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-08-03 11:05:19
Resetted poll so please pick the one is right….

Posted by: Don Watermeleon
Date: 2009-08-03 11:37:15
In R/S he was definately neutral. The entire game he stayed in his tower while the plot went on, and only attacks if spoken too. I guess you could consider him a good guy in Emerald, but I thought there was some lore that he stopped some war between Kyogre and Groudon, and was only doing it again for the lulz. That's just my take on it.

I'm not sure if Brawl is considered Pokemon canon anyway.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2009-08-03 12:08:59
In the movie Destiny Deoxys, he appears bad because he wants to destroy Deoxys and doesn't seem to care about destroying Larousse city with it. However, he only wanted to protect the planet from Deoxys because he thought it was taking over so I think it was actually good. So there are 2 instances of "good" Rayquaza and 1 "bad".

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-08-03 12:57:19
Legendary Pokemon, according to… well, legend, protect the Pokemon world from harm. They can be nasty buggers though when provoked. I'd say neutral, which in my case is a matter of both evil and good, and yet neither evil nor good.

(Although it's only fictional)

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-08-03 13:19:07
Take Giratina. Nuff said.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-08-03 15:55:18
Well according to the pokemon episode "Island of Giant Pokemon", It says there is no such thing as a bad pokemon. It is their trainer that makes them do bad things. (At least in the fucking gay US dub anyway but it makes sense.) TR's Meowth is the only exception outside of the Card game with Dark Pokemon. (Which doesn't really count with this argument anyway.)

So I'd say Rayquaza's neutral. Like what was said earlier, Legendaries sleep and protect the pokemon world but get royally pissed off when disturbed. Shadow pokemon weren't really evil either as they were only evil because the doors to their hearts were closed. (I'm glad I'm catching most of my spelling errors because I'm really slaughtering the English Language today.)

Posted by: boxman
Date: 2009-08-03 15:55:32
All legendaries are neutral in the grand scheme of everything, thier actions only seem good or bad depending on how we view them. Yet, they always have their reasons.

Posted by: Reimoni
Date: 2009-08-08 20:24:24

All legendaries are neutral in the grand scheme of everything, thier actions only seem good or bad depending on how we view them. Yet, they always have their reasons.

There is also the chance of them being controled to do the things that they do.

Posted by: Kiryu
Date: 2009-08-12 02:07:07
I view Pokemon generally as intelligent, but still wild, animals. You look into the eyes of a wolf, for example, and you know that it doesn't want to hurt you, but that it also doesn't NOT want to hurt you. It simply doesn't care.
Legendary Pokemon are the same way. With the exception of roaming Legendaries, a legendary Pokemon will not initiate the fight(the exception to this is Groudon and Kyogre; even in story encounters like Dialga and Palkia you still walk to them first). I say that Rayquaza is purely neutral.

Posted by: Missingno.7-4468
Date: 2009-08-12 02:14:15
I also say that Rayquaza is neutral.  That is obviously evidenced from its appearances in the games [size=1]And anime[/size].  I can't think of anything else right now…

Posted by: Taxi Man
Date: 2009-10-01 18:19:06
mmmm doges

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-10-01 21:29:46

mmmm doges

Um…. No.