Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Debate Wars

sonic cartoon fails - Page 1

sonic cartoon fails

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2012-09-18 09:46:58
here is a video of all there intros
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLIgM9S8A7c

Re: sonic cartoon fails

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2012-09-18 14:57:02
I haven't seen any of the others (I've been given general impressions of SATAM and Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog), but holy Christ does Sonic X ever piss me off. It isn't even about Sonic, it's about that whiney piece of s**t Chris Thorndyke, and when it's not focusing on him, it's focusing on one of the other 6 zillion characters the creators made.

Sonic and pals get absolutely no credit unless Chris or one of the non-canon characters did something. Sonic could run a marathon and he'd only get 10% of the credit, whereas the rest would go to Thorndyke because he was there or something. When Super Sonic and Super Shadow saved the earth from the Biolizard's attempted colony impact, Chris was given more credit than either of them.

At least the Metarex were kind of sort of cool.

The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog was most definitely a kids show, what with it's wacky over-the-top slapstick comedy and general annoyingness. I mean, hell, blue boy was voiced by STEVE URKEL (played by Jaleel White). I haven't seen it though, so I can't really give an opinion on it or the other three.

…I'm also not sure why I got so worked up over this.

Posted by: Adisark
Date: 2017-10-17 05:57:06
It was only one fall. And I do not think it's a big deal.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2017-11-18 03:21:38
I agree mostly with what Bert said – Sonic X was too focused around Chris for my liking, and not focused enough around Sonic. Kind of cool how it followed Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2's storylines, though; that's its saving grace for me.

It's not listed, but Sonic Boom is actually kinda funny. Just can't really get past the weird character redesigns, especially for Knuckles.