Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Debate Wars

MISSINGNO. Versus M' - Page 1

MISSINGNO. Versus M'

Posted by: holdjack421
Date: 2013-11-16 07:29:07
In a heads up, smack-down battle, who would win, The infamous MISSINGNO., or its lesser known companion, M'?

Re: MISSINGNO. Versus M'

Posted by: camper
Date: 2013-11-16 11:34:36
Their types, base stats and movesets are completely the same. I think the one who use Sky Attack first would win.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-11-16 13:56:24
It depends on the kind of 'M and Missingno and of course the level of both, their stat experience and moves. I assume you mean 'M (00). If so:

If it is a battle between 'M (00) and normal Missingno. in Red/Blue, the one who uses Sky Attack first would probably win, like camper says.

If 'special' Missingno. (B6, B7, or B8) counts, it can copy the base stats of other Pokémon (the last in the party other than another Missingno. of the same kind, or the last Pokémon in battle), as well as the starting moves and TM/HM learnset, so if it copied something like Mewtwo it could easily win against an 'M of the same level with a damaging move, because 'M (00)'s base stats are very low in terms of HP, Defense, Special and Speed.

Note Missingno. can learn different moves through the Johto guard glitch. For example, Missingno. (89h) can be obtained via the Johto guard glitch with Smeargle, allowing it to learn most Generation I moves. If Missingno. (89h) used something like Spore or Thunder Wave, it might have an advantage.

If it was a battle between 'M (FF) (aka Charizard 'M) and R/B Missingno. Its speed and decent enough Attack/Special would allow it to have an advantage and probably beat normal Missingno. with one hit because of its low defenses.

If there was a battle between 'M (FE) (that evolves from   (E3) at level 255) and R/B Missingno. it would be closer because it has Slowpoke's base stats which has better defenses and speed.

If Yellow Missingno. is taken into account, its massive HP would give it an advantage against 'M (00) in an inter-game link battle but I don't know if it would win. 'M (FF) would probably beat it.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-11-17 01:30:27
Why is everyone talking about using Sky Attack? If you use some other physical move it gets via TM (e.g. Double-Edge or Tri Attack, if I remember correctly) you can just use that and not have to bother with the charging turn.

I played with the damage formula for RBY a bit, and assuming level 100 / max EVs and IVs, you just need a physical STAB (read: Normal) move with at least 66 base power or a physical non-STAB move with at least 100 base power to guarantee an OHKO.

Anyways, other than smarter moveset choices the only other differing factor is which one wins the speed tie.

Posted by: Flat_Thunder
Date: 2014-10-19 20:27:40
I guess it would depend on the type of Missingno.. If it's a fossil/ghost Missingno. that has its stats and moves from something like PokeWTrainer, I imagine the Missingno. would win. Although I may be wrong about Missingno.'s stats and moves being able to be that of a PokeWTrainer.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-10-20 06:28:55

I guess it would depend on the type of Missingno.. If it's a fossil/ghost Missingno. that has its stats and moves from something like PokeWTrainer, I imagine the Missingno. would win. Although I may be wrong about Missingno.'s stats and moves being able to be that of a PokeWTrainer.

You're right. Fossil/Ghost Missingno. copy the base stats/TM/HM learnset/starting moves/experience to level up of the last Pokémon in the party (PokéWTrainer included), except for another Fossil/Ghost Missingno. Additionally, for a Trainer with an opposing special Missingno., the starting moves (and probably base stats too because of this) are taken from the last Pokémon they sent out.