Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Debate Wars

most OP character in SSB4 - Page 1

most OP character in SSB4

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2014-10-17 17:34:03
Which character do you think deserves the slot in tier 1?

Tell us and explain why you think so.

Re: most OP character in SSB4

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2014-10-17 19:30:56
Tiers are for queers but I'm pretty sure they don't base them on who deserves it.

Everybody with a counter is broken to shit, because it's easy to spam and renders the counterer untouchable. Charizard's also bad because Rock Smash can rack up to 40% if you're pushed right up against the opponent, and since that's probably why you're using the attack anyway…

I can see Grenninja rated #1, because [size=1pt]I fucking hate him nobody gives a shit about Narutofrog why couldn't Tyrantrum be playable instead[/size] he's Sanic with swords and shurikens. He can hit hard and fast and his AI takes full advantage of that fact. Dedede is a monster though, even moreso than in Brawl.

Meta Knight certainly won't be the highest again, since he got nerfed to the point he's a trainwreck when it comes to his A attacks. Y'know, the ones everybody used. The ones that weren't even that useful in the first place, regardless of spammability.

Never have so many words amounted to so much nothing.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2014-10-19 19:45:52
Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness…

*Shot*

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2014-10-19 21:54:09
Little mac

OH did you get little mac to 100% finally? well guess what, he has an insta-kill move now.

seriously fuck this noise, too much knockback and damage, not to mention the insta kill.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2014-10-26 13:23:36

Little mac

OH did you get little mac to 100% finally? well guess what, he has an insta-kill move now.

seriously f**k this noise, too much knockback and damage, not to mention the insta kill.

Yeah I fucking hate going up against Little Mac in Wifi matches, I hate his insta-kill move. At least he has terrible air game/recovery.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2014-10-26 16:39:30
Personally I can foresee Little Mac having the same sort of tier placement that Dedede did in Brawl, given that while he hard counters quite a few characters he gets shrek'd by several others due to his incredible ground game but incredibly terrible air game.

As for the toppest of the tiers, definitely Olimar and Luigi, probably Duck Hunt Duo having seen a few tournaments on YouTube where he has quite good results. I don't think anyone is going to be N64 Pikachu/Brawl Metaknight level broken though, they did a good job with the balance this time around.