Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Debate Wars

Riots - Page 1

Riots

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2017-08-14 22:53:31
What's your stance on the current riots happening due to racism?
There's no judgment here. If someone judges you, I'll… I'll get the fucking mean police on 'em. Anyway…
My stance is that both sides can deal with it.

Re: Riots

Posted by: ravioli
Date: 2017-08-17 06:16:20
I absolutely hate communists because they destroyed (and continue to further destroy) my country. So no I don't care if a couple of the dogs get run over, pepper sprayed or maced.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-08-17 12:42:21
I don't see how this slipped from "anti-racism" to "communist", but please fill me in.

Date: 2017-08-17 18:41:02

I don't see how this slipped from "anti-racism" to "communist", but please fill me in.
Some of the rioters are Communists and Anarchists.

Posted by: ravioli
Date: 2017-08-17 21:37:40

Antifa is a staunchly anarchist/communist organization. They can go to hell.

Date: 2017-08-18 04:07:35
Okay but then, ravioli, you're derailing the subject, if they were there for the anti-racism who cares what the rest of their convictions are …?
Well whatever, since I know nothing about these riots I should probably stop butting in?

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2017-08-18 08:05:50
What ISSOtm doesn't tell you is that he is a supporter of the french far-left party which is associated with the french communists :P (sorry dude  ;D)

Date: 2017-08-18 09:42:12
Some of these riots could be stopped if people went from supporting parties (almost used Discord-format italics) to supporting individual people.

"WE HATE REPUBLICANS"
And yet I see the "MAGA" hat on your head.
"Well, Trump's alright, I guess…"
Support candidates, not parties, and you could be off doing other s**t than here being an arsehole.
"But you can't."
Yes, you can.
"Our country isn't set up for that!"
Yes, it is.

Date: 2017-08-18 16:28:50
Also I must point out that "some" relate the FI to the communists, but I don't agree that it is. Again, the people, not the party.

And yes, I didn't vote for the FI but rather for the ideas that they brought in.

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2017-08-19 03:18:12
I know that, I'm just teasing you :)

But to be fair, it's not that people associate them, they associate themselves. Many if not most far-left ideas were once French communist ideas (we're obviously not talking about Soviet communism here) but they had less exposure then because nobody wanted to listen to commies. So now they say they are far-leftists :p

Anyway back to the debate!

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2017-08-21 12:57:15
I think riots are dumb. A lot of people (myself included) look at others who steal and break into stores for their 'cause' as idiots and gravitate further away from whatever cause that is, rather than joining it.

Posted by: DoubleNegative
Date: 2017-08-21 20:55:57
Obviously, AntiFa is only breaking into those stores so they can smash capitalism and distribute the ends of production to the common man.

Date: 2017-08-22 08:05:27

Obviously, AntiFa is only breaking into those stores so they can smash capitalism and distribute the ends of production to the common man.
Even if big businesses lose… say, 5% of their worth in these break-ins, they're not gonna crumble. Ever. Capitalism is too engrained into the US to disappear over riots.

Posted by: DoubleNegative
Date: 2017-08-22 08:32:13

Even if big businesses lose… say, 5% of their worth in these break-ins, they're not gonna crumble. Ever. Capitalism is too engrained into the US to disappear over riots.

Bigger issues arise when they attack small businesses. Either way, rioting that way is illegal, so bring in law enforcement and let them do their job.

Date: 2017-08-22 14:22:06

Bigger issues arise when they attack small businesses. Either way, rioting that way is illegal, so bring in law enforcement and let them do their job.
This is true. And law enforcement's typically off containing riots.