Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Calendar Events

Pokemon X and Y release - Page 1

Pokemon X and Y release

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-06-11 09:46:29
I know we already have a topic for these, but I'm creating a calendar event for it because the exact dates got announced and if this isn't the most important thing in your entire life THEN WHAT IS?

Re: Pokemon X and Y release

Posted by: Krazyguy75
Date: 2013-06-11 10:06:18
I actually don't know if I'll buy it. Sure they made a lot of fancy new features, but I think that what I liked most about Pokemon as a series was its adherence to a simple formula.

As my serious hobby is game design, I find that people are more happy if you give them a simple game, with enough deviations to keep someone playing. This is what makes games like Binding of Isaac popular. Simple, consistant rules, but next to infinite possibilities.

The more rules you add, the less people are willing to start playing. However, the opposite does occur, and if you make it hard as heck to learn (such as Dwarf Fortress), it will generate followers. But for me, this game is heading into the weird zone: it's got too much stuff I don't care about to learn, and I'm not that interested in the new additions enough to make it worth it.

I'll probably just wait for my friends to buy it and see what they think. If they like it, it will make me more motivated to buy it.

Re: Pokemon X and Y release

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2013-06-11 17:24:35
Whoops, made a double link to the calendar because SMF is dumb and won't show what date this is linked to.