Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Introductions

Using The Hooked Metapod in greetings - Page 1

Using The Hooked Metapod in greetings

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-12-20 22:58:15
Recently I'm seeing threads devolve into border-level flamewars over the use of "The Hooked Metapod". I'll say this once:

The Hooked Metapod is GCL's mascot. No one "owns" or "copyrights" phrases related to the Metapod. If I see anyone throwing a fit because of "catchphrase theft" I WILL increase your meter.

Thank you.

Re: Using The Hooked Metapod in greetings

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2007-12-20 23:02:52
"lol noobs"

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-12-21 09:48:00

Recently I'm seeing threads devolve into border-level flamewars over the use of "The Hooked Metapod". I'll say this once:

The Hooked Metapod is GCL's mascot. No one "owns" or "copyrights" phrases related to the Metapod. If I see anyone throwing a fit because of "catchphrase theft" I WILL increase your meter.

Thank you.

Good call.

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2007-12-21 12:34:48
Who unstickied the thread?

Posted by: *crash20
Date: 2008-10-01 22:24:42
Hey Abwayax, increase your meter? I'm new, so can you explain before I do something stupid?

P.S. (Hooked Metapod? Lol love the Mascot! Who Found it?)

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2008-10-02 07:51:40
Abwayax means the Warn-o-meter.

Posted by: crazysquid34
Date: 2009-01-18 20:39:27
What is the hooked metapod?

Posted by: Don Watermeleon
Date: 2009-01-18 20:44:29
As far as I know, it was some sort of glitch which allowed you to fish for a metapod, and became the GCL's mascot.

By the way, I know this is your first day, but try not to bump a topic this old, even though you had a valid question. Next time see if you can use search to find something about it. :)

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2009-01-18 21:13:46
Lol, I think its kind of a completely random glitch for the mascot but I guess it fits…..kind of.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-01-20 18:12:15
It's something that ACE91 found while messing with cheat device codes.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-01-20 20:41:16
Stickied topics are exempt from the bumping rule.

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2010-05-22 01:28:18
I only just realised…. It's gone!!! NOOOOO!

Posted by: shatteredClockworks
Date: 2017-01-25 19:19:55

Thank you.

What does it mean to increase someone's meter?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-01-25 20:09:49

Thank you.

Everybody has a warning meter although it is rarely used. It can be raised in % points up to 100% and I think if it's 100% you can get banned (although it's possible to ban people without the meter e.g. bots).

Posted by: shatteredClockworks
Date: 2017-01-25 20:21:35

Thank you.

Everybody has a warning meter although it is rarely used. It can be raised in % points up to 100% and I think if it's 100% you can get banned (although it's possible to ban people without the meter e.g. bots).

OK thanks for clearing that up