Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Introductions

Resigning from administrative duties. - Page 1

Resigning from administrative duties.

Posted by: MissingNo
Date: 2008-03-06 21:14:47
<+FooBot> MiNo stp being an internet fkign gestappo

Considering I'm apparently an internet Gestapo according to FooBot, I'm resigning from administrative duties. I took issues seriously throughout and such, but I apparently have my downfalls.

Oh, and the Gestapo, if you're not familiar with them:
The Gestapo (contraction of Geheime Staatspolizei: ?secret state police?) was the official secret police of Nazi Germany. The name itself came from the official abbreviation of "Geheimes Staatspolizei-Amt (GeStaPA)" (translation: Secret State Police Office) and soon became "Gestapo". Under the overall administration of the Schutzstaffel (SS), it was administered by the Reichssicherheitshauptamt (RSHA) (?head office of the reich security service?) and was considered a dual organization of the Sicherheitsdienst (SD) (?security service?) and also a suboffice of the Sicherheitspolizei (SIPO) (?security police?).

[size=8pt]Gestapo article from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/size]

So yeah. I guess it's best for GCLF if I put up the banhammer.

Re: Resigning from administrative duties.

Posted by: Don Watermeleon
Date: 2008-03-06 21:20:33
I know perhaps we haven't really gotten along that well in the past, but it's very sad to see an Admin of GCL to leave, especially since you've been here so long and have so much knowledge about the Forum. You shouldn't resign just because of a diss, I doubt that was any of our intentions.

So, I suppose, maybe you ought to rethink your resignation, as I'm sure the staff would be more than willing to promote you again. But of course, Member+ is one of the coolest ranks. :)

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-03-07 03:17:24
Don't take things so seriously. I don't know what happened between you and Foo, but I'm sad to see you go. :(

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2008-03-07 10:45:53
I don't understand how you could take such a comment so seriously. Just because FooBot made a stupid comment ([size=8pt]no insult intended FooBot[/size]), & by the looks of your post apparently without much reason, it doesn't mean you should resign from being an Admin. You're perfectly fine at what you do, you don't seem to abuse your power or act "unworthy of your position".

The majority of us here like you, MissingNo, but it's just those few people who wreck it. I know recent times have been hard on you ([size=8pt]I don't know what happened & it's probably best if it stays that way[/size]), but you shouldn't let that get to you.

Anyways, sad to see you resign. :(

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2008-03-07 12:40:03
This is very……very…….sad.
Every result on the GCLF quiz is demoting theirself!

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2008-03-08 16:23:30
I hope you don't leave us completely like some other staff *cough*ACE*cough*
Well, I tell a lie, he visits quite often, he just doesn't post.

Will you remain on IRC?

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2008-03-08 16:30:49
NO!! Don't go!  :'(

Posted by: Kannoniswrong11
Date: 2008-03-24 11:58:39
Fucking shit Mino you ARE NOT leaving.
I will shoot you,
I mean Im okay with you demoting because it was your choice Foobot is a female dog blahblahblah,
But if you fucking go I'LL SHOOT YOU! :D
Just a friendly reminder,
SCf3!