Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Introductions

Why hello. - Page 1

Why hello.

Posted by: Pato2747
Date: 2008-08-16 23:13:11
Hello, everybody, I'm Pato2747; I have been lurking around GCL and the forums for quite a while now and I have decided to finally make an account and join this community.

I've been interested in glitches in general, particularly those found in the Pokemon games. When a friend showed me in his copy of Pokemon Blue this crazy Pok?mon that multiplied rare candies and screwed up stuff, I got seriously interested on it.

Some time later, a year or two, when I got experienced in the HEX codes in Gameboy, and with my trusty copy of Pokemon Green, I started writing a little report on the nature of the glitches around Pokemon, more specifically, Glitch Pokemons, and even more specifically, those that were in that little strip in Cinnabar island. All the report was written in an Olivetti typewriter, and it took me about 30 pages, without citing any sources, except my head and some stuff that helped me know about HEX codes.

Later on, I found out why Missingno was there, and turns out, the report I did wasn't so bad after all. It had a bunch of misconceptions, and inconclusive stuff, but it wasn't really bad.

And so, I became a glitch hunter, and got deep on rarer glitch pokemons. And here I am.

Awesome community, by the way.

Re: Why hello.

Posted by: Don Watermeleon
Date: 2008-08-17 12:26:46
Bah, no one's replied to this yet? That's horrible.  :-\

So anyway, welcome to GCL! You seem to know a whole lot on Pokemon Glitches, so it's great to have an expert like you as part of the community. We hope you enjoy your stay. :)

Posted by: :56 ERROR
Date: 2008-08-17 17:26:56
Hello, enjoy your stay at Glitch City Laboratories.

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2008-08-17 20:06:31

Hello, everybody, I'm Pato2747; I have been lurking around GCL and the forums for quite a while now and I have decided to finally make an account and join this community.

y welcomes to you sir.

Some time later, a year or two, when I got experienced in the HEX codes in Gameboy, and with my trusty copy of Pokemon Green, I started writing a little report on the nature of the glitches around Pokemon, more specifically, Glitch Pokemons, and even more specifically, those that were in that little strip in Cinnabar island. All the report was written in an Olivetti typewriter, and it took me about 30 pages, without citing any sources, except my head and some stuff that helped me know about HEX codes.

Hex? Aw damn, yet another member that knows crap I don't lol (yes really, like I know the first thing about that) =P
Also, lol typewriters, how…retro.

Awesome community, by the way.

awesomest community evar amirite?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2008-08-17 21:41:12
Hi there Pato2747; if you've been lurking here as long as you say you most likely know who I am - I'm the owner. Nice to meet you and glad you've finally registered.

By the by, do you still have that document you wrote? I wrote one back in 2003 that's floating around somewhere, it's not 30 pages (MS Word 2007 tells me it's 15) but I was proud of it.

Date: 2008-08-17 23:27:37
Thanks for the warm welcome :3

Hi there Pato2747; if you've been lurking here as long as you say you most likely know who I am - I'm the owner. Nice to meet you and glad you've finally registered.

By the by, do you still have that document you wrote? I wrote one back in 2003 that's floating around somewhere, it's not 30 pages (MS Word 2007 tells me it's 15) but I was proud of it.

Hi, Abwayax. If I recall correctly, we had a little chat on the IRC forums, a year ago or so, but that's as much as I remember about it. Something about somebody trying to do a brute force attack on an FTP of yours? Agh, my memory fails me, hard.

I do not know if I still have the document. Odds are that I lost it somewhere, and if I find it, I'm not sure that I will find it with a 100% integrity. Besides, I believe that I wrote it in spanish. And not even considering the fact that I must scan every single A4 page, convert it to text, etc etc. But maybe I should look for it, now that I think about it.

Date: 2008-08-18 00:22:17
If you were on IRC I might have a log, because I log all my chats by default. I'm tempted to look through one day, because I don't really remember all the stuff I've said on there

Date: 2008-08-18 20:33:37

If you were on IRC I might have a log, because I log all my chats by default. I'm tempted to look through one day, because I don't really remember all the stuff I've said on there

I bet that it's going to take a while; I believe that we talked somewhere around January 2007, if it wasn't in 2006.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-08-19 15:02:01
Welcome, if I may interrupt this conversation! My name is Prof. Sherkel! Glad to see another dude into glitches!

Anyway Abwayax, I might have that document, I'm not sure if it's the very one, but it could be. I'll attach it if I find it.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2008-08-19 15:44:54
Hi, you sound like the perfect sort of person we need on this site. People interested in Hex usually help this site out… sometimes.

Anyway… enjoy your stay.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-08-20 07:18:57
Yeah, what he said. Welcome and… enjoy yourself.

Date: 2008-08-21 20:19:14

Hi, you sound like the perfect sort of person we need on this site. People interested in Hex usually help this site out… sometimes.

Anyway… enjoy your stay.

I can't say I'm an expert, but I do know something about HEX stuff.

Again, thanks for such a warm welcome, guise!

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-08-22 03:51:35
It's spelt "guys".

And… your welcome!

Date: 2008-08-22 14:06:01
"guise" is a corruption of "guys", which means "guys"

Date: 2008-08-22 18:50:11

"guise" is a corruption of "guys", which means "guys"

Seems that I'm on the internets too much, I guess.